Doc Wör Mirran ~ Elfengrund CD

A few second hand LPs

Joni Mitchell - Mingus
David Lee Roth - Eat em & smile
Kate Bush - Hounds of Love
Pixies - Come on Pilgrim
Golden Avatar - A change of heart

ramm 12 - andy c - cool down - 1995 - $1

found in a box in a punk record shop i've been digging in for about 6 years and never finding this kind of thing. this was one of the top crate digging moments of my life.

i had a supreme's anthology and some bob marley records in my hand and almost bought them, and that would have been me leaving the shop. but then i thought better of it because i already have the marley records in ireland and the supremes record would have just been hoarding for the sake of it - i'm not that crazy about the supremes. then i saw some promos in a little crate on the floor and i was about to ditch that effort before i noticed one or two with the "made in england" stamp on them - this usually means jungle/dnb. so after finding that these stamped ones were indeed jungle records (albeit shit ones), i decided to go back and listen to the rest of the promos in the box, which is the point where i found the andy c record. it's a record i've been trying to score for years, and there it was, mint. $1. this is why i keep digging in crates in old record shops. the satisfaction is hard to describe. made my day. skipping home kind of thing. i could pay, whatever, $20 for it on discogs, but it wouldn't be the same.

Charity shopping

Evan Dando-baby i'm bored cd
Deftones-white pony cd
Robert Plant & Alison Krauss-rising sand cd
Joan Jett & The Blackhearts-sinner cd

Hills - Master Sleeps. I usually don't venture that much into psych-jam territory as there's a glut of sub-par shit out there nowadays, but this album is absolutely the real deal. Two thumbs up.
hills.jpg

Was looking at them today. Too expensive, vinyl doesn't seem to come with a download. Will pass and maybe get the CDs cheap online at some stage.

Yeah,I thought they were supposed to come with a download,but it didn't mention it on the stickers on the sleeve,so no,only with the box.

I'd listen to the records more than a download anyway,and if I really need mp3's I'm sure I can get them somewhere.

Kinda disappointing that there is no extra liner notes too. Didn't expect the big book from the box versions,but a condensed version would have been nice.

Where's Led Zeppelin: The musical. That seems to be part of the business plan for "heritage music acts"

Oh and Mr. Plant.... get over yourself.

Well, I mean he's spent that last 30+ years proving he's more than just the singer from Led Zep, we get it. So I think he should agree to doing some more Zep gigs while they still can and make a lot of people happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back