REAPER HEADMELT AREA (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter GO
  • Start date
  • Replies 261
  • Views 30K
  • Watchers 4
Having trouble letting go of garageband. It's just so easy and I know how to do everything there, recording, editing and the tiny bit of midi that I do. Maybe I should just go with Logic? But can I use that with the digi002??
question. Can I take a midi track I've done in garageband and transfer it to Reaper?

Having trouble letting go of garageband. It's just so easy and I know how to do everything there, recording, editing and the tiny bit of midi that I do. Maybe I should just go with Logic? But can I use that with the digi002??
question. Can I take a midi track I've done in garageband and transfer it to Reaper?

i had aout 5 midi things to move over. i think garageband is too much based on being proprietary to be able to export midi so i just exported each midi track as an audio song and whacked it in. i have a feeling the way they built the whole thing is that you have to cave in and buy logic to have useful options with import/export.

same is built into digi stuff - designed to be proprietary so i'd be nervous about spending more money on it just to convince it that it isnt what it is.

Anthony get into REAPER,you wont regret it..its worth it for the compressor alone

Ahh nuts..yeah Digidesign atre a shower of cunts.

Anyway..I just thought of something

COMPRESSION is the magnets of audio

No, I'm reading on the Reaper Boards that you can use a digi002 with it and Hugh has actually got it working once. He was using Snow Leopard though. Thinking maybe I need to upgrade the OS.
I wouldn't actually have a problem with using Logic. If I could do what i wanted to do I'd be happy.

There's people on the Reaper boards using OSx 10.5.8 too and they have it working. Am I missing something?
Hook it up via firewire, launch Reaper > preferences > devices... IT's NOT THERE.

Is there ASIO driver settings in a mac?

Just found a web page that tells you how to set up for multi track recording in Garageband (which I didn't even know you could do). So you have to set up an aggregate device etc. So I tries this with the digi002.... nothing. A bit more searching around online and it turns out that digi devices don't support aggregate. I'm telling you, digi design are pissing me off so much these days. I just had to start portools just now for something and it put me in a bad mood.

I've read a lot of whinging online in regard digidesign..poor support,compatibilty issues yadda yadda...still though..its what the pro's use...

suckers

No, I'm reading on the Reaper Boards that you can use a digi002 with it and Hugh has actually got it working once.

I have only tried it with the Digi003 (not 002). Had no problems. If we ever rehearse ever again you should bring the digi002 and I'll bring my macbook and see if they talk to each other ....

That's right it was an 003. Still though I've read of people doing it. Honestly I'd be happy enough to keep using Garageband if only I could get a fat signal into it instead of what I'm doing now which is mic -> quarter inch jack ->mixer-> mini-jack -> mac.

That's right it was an 003. Still though I've read of people doing it. Honestly I'd be happy enough to keep using Garageband if only I could get a fat signal into it instead of what I'm doing now which is mic -> quarter inch jack ->mixer-> mini-jack -> mac.

what you need to do is record in garageband, bring the tracks into reaper, use the 'normalise gain' function, and then if you could be bothered move them back, or just use them in reaper.

Cycling has it in for me and Ann!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back