Method
1. Wash and dry the trout fillets and season lightly. Melt 25g/1oz of the
butter in a large frying pan and as soon as it starts to foam, add the
fillets, skin side down. Fry gently for 3 minutes, carefully flip over and
cook for a further 1 minute.
2. Using a fish slice, transfer the trout to heated plates and keep warm in
a low oven.
3. Add the remaining butter to the pan with the capers and dill and fry
until golden brown. Add lime juice to taste and a little salt and pepper. Spoon over the trout and serve.
4. Using a small pair of tweezers pull out any small bones that may still remain in the trout.

Trout Mousse

Ingredients
•2 6-oz trout, cleaned
• 1 whole egg
• 1 egg white
• 1/4 pt olive or sunflower oil
• 5 Tbsp yogurt
• 1 tsp Dijon mustard
• 1 1/4 tsp gelatin powder (or more)
• fresh parsley
• fresh tarragon
• 1/2 cucumber
• caster sugar
• tarragon vinegar
If using fresh trout, poach them in the oven at 350 F (180 C) gas mark 4 for 30 minutes, then cool, skin, bone and flake. There should be about 8 ounces of cooked flesh. Separate the egg and use the yolk to make mayonnaise: season it with salt and pepper, gradually beat in the oil, then 1 teaspoon or so of vinegar to thin and flavor the sauce. Put the prepared fish into a food processor. Add the mustard, yogurt and 1 heaped teaspoon each fresh chopped tarragon and parsley, and whiz to a perfectly smooth puree. Soak the gelatin (more may be necessary in hot weather) in 3 tablespoons cold water, let it soften and swell, then dissolve over low heat. Cool for a minute or two before adding the liquid gelatin to the fish puree: pour it on in a thin stream while the machine is running. Carefully and gradually beat the fish puree into the mayonnaise. Quickly whisk the egg whites to snowy peaks and fold them into the fish puree. Taste and adjust the seasoning. Divide the mixture between 6 ramekins or 3 small souffle dishes.​
Cover and chill for 2-3 hours until set to a soft cream. Seed the cucumber but do not peel. Chop it finely, sprinkle it with 1/4 teaspoon each salt and caster sugar and 1/2 teaspoon tarragon vinegar, and set aside for a couple of hours to draw out some of the cucumber juices. Drain and pat dry. Top each mousse immediately before serving with a small spoonful of the cucumber - a good crunchy contrast to the soft textured mousse - and garnish with a tarragon leaf. Oatcakes that have been gently warmed in the oven go well with this dish.​
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]This recipe has been generously contributed by www.fishingworks.com.[/FONT]

Ooh yum, thanks Mormon!! I think I will try the first recipe. Might do the mousse when I am feeling more adventurous and cooking for more than just myself. Himself is away this weekend so I am cooking to please meself.

Having grilled fruit for afters...papaya, blueberries, strawberries, raspberries and banana with a bit of melted green & blacks choc. Yum yum yum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back