• Thread starter moc
  • Start date
  • Replies 13
  • Views 998
  • Watchers 1

moc

Website
Visit site
i was looking for a crack for a game the other day and downloaded a shitty virus... its on my harddrive in my windows/system32 folder and the file effected is the wininet.dll file
i've downloaded an uncorrupted version of the file but it wont let me replace the bad one...

anyone have any ideas?

moc said:
i was looking for a crack for a game the other day and downloaded a shitty virus... its on my harddrive in my windows/system32 folder and the file effected is the wininet.dll file
i've downloaded an uncorrupted version of the file but it wont let me replace the bad one...

anyone have any ideas?
You got configsafe or such other prorgramme installed?

download the micrsoft anti-spyware thingy - thats sorts alotta shit out.
other than that you may have to do it manually which is a pain in the grass and involves mucking around in the registry and stopping processes in the taskmanager and disabling things in msconfig etc etc etc

moc said:

anyone have any ideas?

moc said:

anyone have any ideas?

Have you identified the virus? If not, google for wininet.dll/virus and see if you get lucky.

There was a thread on here a few weeks ago about spyware if I recall, there was a few links in it that might help.

therecklessone said:
Have you identified the virus? If not, google for wininet.dll/virus and see if you get lucky.

my norton anti virus thing is calling it bloodhound.w32.ep but seemingly bloodhound is a name norton use for things they arent sure of... and it wont delete or fix it anyhow.
have run my spybot search & destroy and adaware se but no use

moc said:
think i got it sorted, thanks :)

Good to hear, I had to reinstall the OS on this laptop last week after I caught some nasty bastard that set up its own user account in XP, disabled Norton Internet Security, stopped me from updating NIS and Windows, and pissed me off with a feck load of pop-ups. Nasty business all round.

I now :heart: Firefox. IE sucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back