Promoters? (1 Viewer)

bossobrien

Since 2000
Hi, I need to know of anyone interested in promoting some shows here by UK band Beachbuggy asap. Not the MCD tossers mind.

Why on earth shouldn't he say that?

If more bands had that attitude we might not be stuck with such high ticket prices in this country.

Also he might well have read the rules of the forum than bans talk of them tossers.

Do you think if Beachbuggy (whoever the hell they are) got offered an MCD gig bossobrien would tell them to go fuck themselves? I just think it's funny the attitude some people have towards larger promoters, that is all. It's not exactly good business sense if you're trying to get a band gigs.

Possibly not, but then as you have indicated you know nothing about this band, they could be a strict DIY band who have no intention of playing on the corporate circuit.

Seeing as this is an Irish independant music forum I find it strange that someone comes on here looking for help and is ridiculed for not wanting to go down the corporate route.

Perfectly relaxed, but just maybe they are doing music for music sake, not as a 'business'.

Jaysus, I don't want to be arguing, poor dude came on here looking for help for a band (that I like by the way), hopefuly someone can help him out. When did we start defending M*D here?

Jaysus, I don't want to be arguing, poor dude came on here looking for help for a band (that I like by the way), hopefuly someone can help him out. When did we start defending M*D here?

Im defs not defending Mad Cow Disease! or want an argument x

I just think and im not pointing this at you Stan (or anyone) I dont know if ur in a band or whatever. just this notion that i dont see music as a business. if a band is a hobby and you only rehearse once a week and play gigs then cool but i bet the band will be a bit whack. However if your a professional band and thats what you do you want as many ppl as possible to see you cos ur (probably) really good (at what you do). call it a business or love of art or anything (whether you be radiohead, nomeansno or girls aloud). its not a bad thing to want to do well. on the other hand comprimising ur taste or something like that is a differnt ecumaenical matter ted.

I just think and im not pointing this at you Stan (or anyone) I dont know if ur in a band or whatever. just this notion that i dont see music as a business. if a band is a hobby and you only rehearse once a week and play gigs then cool but i bet the band will be a bit whack. However if your a professional band and thats what you do you want as many ppl as possible to see you cos ur (probably) really good (at what you do). call it a business or love of art or anything (whether you be radiohead, nomeansno or girls aloud). its not a bad thing to want to do well. on the other hand comprimising ur taste or something like that is a differnt ecumaenical matter ted.
I agree with a lot of what your saying, however personally I get a bit uncomfortable when you start using the word business in or around bands. I just get visions of The Feeling!

Anyway, enough of the semantics, beachbuggy:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Im defs not defending Mad Cow Disease! or want an argument x

it becomes a little bit more than a hobby when you start touring other countries too
!ninjaaaa
leigh

Do you think if Beachbuggy (whoever the hell they are) got offered an MCD gig bossobrien would tell them to go fuck themselves? I just think it's funny the attitude some people have towards larger promoters, that is all. It's not exactly good business sense if you're trying to get a band gigs.

There's a reason why people have stuff against "them tossers" and a lot of it is summed up in the first post of this thread:

http://www.thumped.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=39690&highlight=board.ie

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back