Pre-Warzone Gig / Friday 29th Aug / Copperfileds bar / Belfast (1 Viewer)

scrawlzine

Website
www.scrawled.co.uk
There will be a pre-Warzonefest benefit gig at:

COPPERFIELDS bar
(Fountain St. Belfast)
FRIDAY 29th AUGUST
Door 9PM / £3 Admission / Over 18’s only

Bands playing are :

SCIENTIFIC BONG
(Grind / noise outfit from Dublin. The Cypress Hill of power violence.)
FUKTIFINO
(From Galway. Versatile and energetic punk/hc.)
POCKET BILLIARDS
(Belfast up-tempo Ska /Punk)
FROM WHERE I STAND
(Local…”old school” style sXe HC)

This is one of the first gigs organised by Warzone people outside of The Warzone / Giros itself. Please respect the venue as we may wish to use it again in the future.
Thanks.

we're trying to get as many people up from the south on the friday for this... will there be places to stay for this??
add the thursday pre-warzone dublin gig and we've got a four day fest. yes!

damien said:
we're trying to get as many people up from the south on the friday for this... will there be places to stay for this??
add the thursday pre-warzone dublin gig and we've got a four day fest. yes!

there ~should~ be enough places. i'll try and fix the toilet.

Cormcolash said:
Why of course we are. BUt we need to hold a JamesisMean dance class too.

i am preparing a speech for this: the day conor showed me the fury of five video.

how about a son of scam support group meeting?

Toughguy support group

B for the Spree said:
i am preparing a speech for this: the day conor showed me the fury of five video.
how about a son of scam support group meeting?

There will be a Toughguys Anonymous (TA) meeting, a showing of the FuryOfFive video and probably the first ever Giros airing of the legendary SonOfSkam interview "we're very nice guys. But don't piss us off, cos you might have a problem!". Quite.
We should probably show Madball "pride..." as it's a fuckin brilliant songs and has crew shots, a low-rider and a Wu-Tang shirt, plus wasteground shots.

Workshops and discussion groups:
The toughguy mentality: a psycholanalytic perspective.
Toughguy dance class - Windmill just like JamesIsMean. Includes face-pulling module.
Toughguy dress class - how to wear a fleece and still look scary.

As always, suggestions for possible activities are very welcome.

circle pits

I had the pleasure of experiencing tough guys at various gigs & festivals in America recently. Bands like Martyr AD, Terror, Throwdown & Hatebreed brought out the TG in the crowd. Some of the circle pit action, arm swingin' and co-ordinated kick box moshing was fucking hilarious. Throwdown demanded an 'East Coast' circle pit and the crowd responded with a 50 meter diameter ring of fury. Plenty of fighting (or as Hatebreed put it 'beef') ensued. Of course the music was shite (although Terror were fairly good). The mullet and bullet belt approach at Maiden, Dio & Motorhead was much more to my liking.

Yeah, I mean the whole toughguy thing is quite funny from one aspect, but in reality I think that its just a complete load of bullshit. After all there are basically guys inspired by this crap that will go to gigs looking for nothing but a fight, its total meathead stuff and only detracts from whatever music its associated with.
I think the whole humour side of it is simply a reaction at how ludicrous these sort of people are, because theres pretty much nothing you can do but laugh at the toughguy scene considering that these are the sort of people that won't listen to what anyone else is saying no matter how much to the point it may be.

Still, I am all in favour of mocking and deriding toughguys, its all they deserve.

corrupted said:
I had the pleasure of experiencing tough guys at various gigs & festivals in America recently. Bands like Martyr AD, Terror, Throwdown & Hatebreed brought out the TG in the crowd.

I saw Hatebreed in the states a few years ago and thankfully there wasn't too much violent dancing that time around. Saw Throwdown in London last year and it was just sad. As a band they are pretty boring but their live set wasn't too bad except it was fuckin ruined by the london beatdown bollocks. I would probably laugh at toughguy dancing if it was a band I hate but if it's a band I might actually singalong too it is shit because I have to spend all my time maiking sure I don't get kicked in the ballicks.

As HHH said,
"Kids are standing at the back, and their not coming to the shows. They don't wanna get involved, and these problems must be solved. Not with your fists... Windmill, kickbox another kids down. Learned to move to the back of the crowd."

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back