possible Irish compilation cdr? (1 Viewer)

GARYXKNIFEDX

Solutions
Website
Visit site
Now that I have a computer again I was thinking about doing a compilation cdr of irish bands to bring on tour with knifed when we go to england in july. it's not 100% that I will do this but I just thought it may be a good idea to get some irish bands heard over there for cheap. I was reckoning it will sell for no more than £1 to cover costs and have a photocopied cover so anyone can make copies and do similar.
So what do you all think? Worthwhile? It all depends on the response. If it goes well I'll do the scene report I once promised.

I think Tob and John McCarthy were going to do something similar, but they're lazy bastards.
Maybe Alan Remorse will be able to help you find people to advertise on it.

theres something similar coming out soon with protest zine... i think plus the john and tob thing thats been in the works for quite a while. not trying to harsh the buzz but surely if compiling info for the scene report wrecked your head surely getting bands to actually give you recorded music would be worse....?

Yeah, get in touch with Tob and Professor History. I don't know what happened with their comp, or Cormy's comp, or my one for that matter.

Good luck anyway, it is a great idea. Shame us all and actually do it!

we'll definitely be up for giving a track to this, or any other compilation.

oh, did i mention it'll cost ye? €10 for half a song and €20 for a full one.

yep me 2, sounds cool,there is so much you could write on at the mo with the scene in ireland well mainly dub.we also need one.alot of ppl say they will do one but it never go ahead with with.

ger said:
yep me 2, sounds cool,there is so much you could write on at the mo with the scene in ireland well mainly dub.we also need one.alot of ppl say they will do one but it never go ahead with with.
mainly dublin scene? what are you on about?
its not the epicentre, be all and end all of the Irish scene. There are loads of bands from a load of different counties up and running at the moment. Im not taking away from the Dublin bands here, there are some really good ones, it just annoys me, when Dublin is pinned as the "scene".

brianMy Remorse said:
mainly dublin scene? what are you on about?
its not the epicentre, be all and end all of the Irish scene. There are loads of bands from a load of different counties up and running at the moment. Im not taking away from the Dublin bands here, there are some really good ones, it just annoys me, when Dublin is pinned as the "scene".
the place with the best scandals and infights inevitably rises to prominence, it's senseless but it's just how things work. babies, protests, dreadlocks and availability of drugs help as well.

hey! the portlaoise heroin industry is BOOMING! and dont forget mountrath...it may be a small piece of shit that no ones heard of but everyones on drugs there! 100% better quality weed than dublin, to boot!

il buy a copy of that compilation. if your gonna put 'around the country' bands on it, at least put on a track from the dogboy conspiracy.

Sprinkles said:
il buy a copy of that compilation. if your gonna put 'around the country' bands on it, at least put on a track from the dogboy conspiracy.

i still havent heard them, really wanna see em! are they even still together?

i think so...i hope so...their deadly. they have an ep: ep 5000. god i hope their still together. i interviewed them for my last (shit) zine and if they broke up they'll be the 4th band to have broken up after doing an interview for that zine...i think its cursed...

haha...that used happen to me as well...i was convinced jake's wrath was cursed for the first 3 or 4 issues!

error type 11 said:
I hear you're dealing the virtues of an alcohol and tobacco free lifestyle Alan, hows that going for you ;)
not so bad considering the dodgy crowd i'm hanging around with!

hey kat,

it all makes sense now. you broke all those bands up, so you have to destroy every copy of your zine in ireland, and all the bands will get back together and then every one will be happy again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back