Pixies tickets. (1 Viewer)

"90,000 Music Fans Attend Budrising Festival Across 4 Events
News last updated: 23-08-2005. Tonight - Pixies, Kings Of Leon, Teenage Fanclub, Humanzi"

Dont forget Budweiser paid for this whole thing so, the money is made even if shag all tickets are sold...which is not the case, there are no standing tickets left for the Pixies tonight

Wheels said:
So were Pixies any good? As in, were they slightly more into playing than they were in Phoenix Park?

well the sound was pretty crap. it was like listening / watching the tv in your sitting room, while standing in your kitchen - if you know what i mean. i was able to whisper "this is shit" to my mate, while getting disapproving glances from the rest of the crowd.

Pilchard said:
people dont seem to have all that much cash after all for these big shows.

Or maybe people just object to paying 50+ quid to see a band in a large field.

carcass said:
I heard they were crap and the sound was crap. Going through the motions, no love etc. but i wasn't there so what the hell do i know

I was in the pit and it was fucking mental, much much mcuh better shoe than phoenix park last year. And it wasn't just a greatest hits either, sure they played the classics but threw in the like of isle de enchante and the lady in the radiator song aswell for the big fan. Seeing that lansdown road is a piece of shit venue and all they did the crowd justice and gave them their moneys worth!.|..|

Maxx Stone said:
I was in the pit and it was fucking mental, much much mcuh better shoe than phoenix park last year. And it wasn't just a greatest hits either, sure they played the classics but threw in the like of isle de enchante and the lady in the radiator song aswell for the big fan. Seeing that lansdown road is a piece of shit venue and all they did the crowd justice and gave them their moneys worth!.|..|

not a big fan of kings of leon but curious nonetheless, what were they like??

tripoli said:

Bought thier last album on a whim after hearing 'two kicks'. Hard to enjoy with all the hype but none too bad.....reserving judgement until i find out if they are a live band.
Want more swamp-rock as a result.

Swamp-Rock anyone?

HitsLikeAGirl said:
Bought thier last album on a whim after hearing 'two kicks'. Hard to enjoy with all the hype but none too bad.....reserving judgement until i find out if they are a live band.
Want more swamp-rock as a result.

Swamp-Rock anyone?

I'll take some sludge rock and a side of coleslaw to go please.

It was nice of Christy Moore to sit in with the pixies when Frank Black had to pull out.

Shit sound, you could barely hear Joey and Dave. Strangely I thought it was better for Teenage Fanclub.

KOL have a couple of decent songs but wasn't all that impressed by them.

tripoli said:

They burned out pretty quick, played king of rodeo and their other big hits in the first twenty minutes leaving the average punter confused as they played stuff they didn't know! Only being a casual fan, i lost interest pretty quick but they gaves their die hard fans what they wanted cos they were going nutS!:eek:

i thought they were pretty awesome..we were pretty close to the stage and the sound was alright..not brilliant but i dont think ive ever been to an outdoors gig herer where its all that great..especially when its that windy..but yeah i thought it was good..then again i got in free so maybe i wouldnt be so happy bout it had i spent 60 yo-yos a ticket..

kings of leon bored the arse off me..the boy likes them and even he was bored after a while..

class bit when all that water came flyin down on the pixies completely out of nowhere...|..|

feb_20_reebok_to_relaunch_reebok_pumps_shoe_during_nba_all-star_weekend1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back