PIL Tripod 10 June (1 Viewer)

"Tickets €44.50 & 48.50 (inc. booking fee) available from Ticketmaster, City Discs, and usual outlets."
hahaha what the cunt didnt make enough of them butter adds, blink 182 of the 80s.

Very many "muppets" will gladly be at this... The worth of their current existence will obviously be measured in their recorded output ( something which would have been underway at this point had it not been for Ari Up's death late last year ). PIL was always an interesting band... They fit into the early 80's and all the great music of that era by standing out like a sore thumb... seeing Flowers Of Romance performed on TOTP will remain vividly with me as long as I'm still alive!!!... but not enough credit is given to Album, Happy, 9 and That What is Not for their relentless & sublime innovation in the face of Stock Aitken & Waterman, Acid House, commercial hair-metal, goth-lite, hat-era U2 and all the other wretched treasonous swill that plagued the second half of that truly depressing decade... most rational people who know these records and endured the 80's will gladly testify to this.... and these, among many others I suspect, are some of the people to whom this is worth €44...

"Very many "muppets" will gladly be at this... The worth of their current existence will obviously be measured in their recorded output ( something which would have been underway at this point had it not been for Ari Up's death late last year ). PIL was always an interesting band... They fit into the early 80's and all the great music of that era by standing out like a sore thumb... seeing Flowers Of Romance performed on TOTP will remain vividly with me as long as I'm still alive!!!... but not enough credit is given to Album, Happy, 9 and That What is Not for their relentless & sublime innovation in the face of Stock Aitken & Waterman, Acid House, commercial hair-metal, goth-lite, hat-era U2 and all the other wretched treasonous swill that plagued the second half of that truly depressing decade... most rational people who know these records and endured the 80's will gladly testify to this.... and these, among many others I suspect, are some of the people to whom this is worth €44... "

100% correct.....

the Brum show was astounding........2 1/2 hours fo pure hate, emotion and energy

hahaha what the cunt didnt make enough of them butter adds, blink 182 of the 80s.

Lydon financed the reunion using money he earned doing a UK TV commercial for Country Life butter. "The money that I earned from that has now gone completely – lock stock and barrel – into reforming PiL",said Lydon

The Re-union would be cheaper if he played smaller venues and didn't expect as much....then again how could he charge 25% of anyones dole without that soundbyte.

i heard that the only original member is lydon. is this correct?

not really correct

the drummer played with virtually all pil line ups since 1982 I think (the first two albums didnt have an actual band member drummer), the guitarist lu edmunds has been in the band also I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back