Pete / Dudley ?? (1 Viewer)

sophistafunk

Website
Visit site
Yo Pete/Dudley,

That 'Notice' thread is out of line, What about making the 1st post a sticky for 48 hours and deleting all the subsequent posts?

I'm not being a dogooder (I shouldnt even care) just that its somebodys brother and he has a family.....sure slag a band or some other geeky eejit but leave the serious stuff alone.

Anybody with me here?

Queen Aggresso said:
It's totally insensitive and quite out of line, however, if everyone took offence at everything that might offend someones family on this board, there would be no threads.
Well yeah, but there has to be some standard surely?

Queen Aggresso said:
It's totally insensitive and quite out of line, however, if everyone took offence at everything that might offend someones family on this board, there would be no threads.

I understand that, I dont care who is offended on thumped by being told their band or taste in music is shite but, not about someones life, have some feelings for jaysis sake

I wouldn't let it get to you. This is Thumped.

In fact I think the first post was a 'joke' post as well, so no point stickying it; it was posted by clive, and most of the posts by him/her/it so far would seem to imply that 'clive' is a joke account. So you could say that the first post was the most offensive of all of them.

If it offends you, just let it sink off the frontpage; I don't think it's going to last too long anyway.

ITalkShite said:

In fact I think the first post was a 'joke' post as well, so no point stickying it; it was posted by clive, and most of the posts by him/her/it so far would seem to imply that 'clive' is a joke account. So you could say that the first post was the most offensive of all of them.

If it offends you, just let it sink off the frontpage; I don't think it's going to last too long anyway.

good words

ITalkShite said:

i assumed it was a joke also, being the prankster type

i'm against the whole censorship idea .... people should be allowed to make dicks of themselves on the internet ....

the notice thread has become way out of line however.... unfunny and hurtful
.... if you delete it, this one should be deleted as well

sophistafunk said:
Yo Pete/Dudley,

That 'Notice' thread is out of line, What about making the 1st post a sticky for 48 hours and deleting all the subsequent posts?

I'm not being a dogooder (I shouldnt even care) just that its somebodys brother and he has a family.....sure slag a band or some other geeky eejit but leave the serious stuff alone.

Anybody with me here?

i couldn't agree more. it's a bit much. whatever about sarcasm and piss-taking but that's way out of order.

ernesto said:
i couldn't agree more. it's a bit much. whatever about sarcasm and piss-taking but that's way out of order.
Well then what happens next time there's an 'offensive' thread (which, knowing Thumped, would be about two minutes)? If there were to be any consistency, Pete would have to spend the rest of his life deciding just how much 'out of order' is acceptably 'out of order'. I would think the best thing would be to let it go.

To be honest, there have been far more offensive threads that have barely raised an eyebrow, I don't really see what's so special about this one.

Dude no.7 said:
i'm against the whole censorship idea .... people should be allowed to make dicks of themselves on the internet ....

the notice thread has become way out of line however.... unfunny and hurtful
.... if you delete it, this one should be deleted as well

Freedom of speech = Cool

Not having the cop-on to realise that you are being a complete cunt and as a result your words deeply offend those related to the family = Not cool

yeh but seriously try to keep the really tasteless stuff not written down. I have an hilarious (in, obviously, a terribly sick way) Trevor Deely related joke I'm not telling.

Whoever said "Petem please delete the internet"...that shit's funny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back