People Who Died (9 Viewers)

I remember a kid in school who thought the shark in Blofeld's HQ was the" Jaws" from the movie

My first experience of smug disdain

I dressed up as Ian Paisley for the Butlins fancy dress competition way back when, the brother went as the Pope.

We killed.

members of each other's church?

Actually, my great aunt from the north married a Paislyite and converted. To the surprise of many when she died she came home south of the border to be buried, many of her congregation didn't come to the burial. Paster/preacher/priest (definitely not a priest)/whatever was an odd little man, spoke in a northern accent but whenever he said "Jesus" he went full Alabama baptist, "Je-heeeeezzzz-us."

An ex's husband. Found out on FB this morning when I got to work, that was an odd condolance letter to write. Never met him but he seemed like a good guy, she definitely traded up from me.

Except for the part about dying and leaving her utterly heartbroken and alone?

When I was a kid my brother put a little picture of Ian Paisley with "Big Ian, Big Eejit" written on it above the fireplace . It was there for years!

Our message was Pope Meets Paisley in Butlins and we did hand-shaking photo-ops.

My younger brother was originally supposed to be Paisley, but balled his eyes out when he found out he wasn't going to be Pope. So I, ever noble, stepped up and became the public hate figure.
It's a role I have long enjoyed since.

If being an objectionable prick was his job - and who would argue that it wasn't - then technically he was working on a Sunday too

Doing the Lords work doesn't count I assume. If it does priests are in some trouble.
Anyway, it seems he only moderated his hardline approach when he realised peace was the only game in town, I imagine he also had an eye on his legacy.

Awful shit, the individual who is most to blame for the years of violence. He tried to undermine the Northern Irish state years before the Provos existed. I don't understand where his style of Christianity comes from. So at odds with any interpretation I can make of Christ's teachings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back