Our Dreams; their Overtime...a new zine to be consumed.. (1 Viewer)

Antrophe

The past year has seen the development of an autonomous movement in this country. the politics, or should i say anti politics of this movement has had a large impact on a number of issues such as war and the fight against a return to student fees. The movement is defined by a commitment to direct participatory democracy and direct action, accounts of which fill the pages of this zine. Despite this burgeoning movement, our movement lacks a public voice as such, we are distorted and misrepresented in their media and lack one of our own. This zine is hopefully part of that agenda of reclaiming how we are represented, part of the important process of creating our own media outlets.

The zine costs 1 euro. Originally we had discussed distributing it for free, as we managed to scam most of the costs involved off universities by doing it under the name of college societies. We decided to charge for it, as it would facilitate the production of another issue, any surplus cash will be used in other activist based groups and projects. Oh yeah, and trades are welcome...

Copies are availible in the Hidden Book and Record Store. If you want some for distros and the like, give us a shout.

If anyone wants to contribute to or become invovled in the next issue, then give us a shout. Hopefully itll focus on other aspects of the movement, apart from direct first hand accounts of it.

Articles;

Disco, Disco; Interviews with representatives of autonomous community space.

Confessions of a Peace Thug; direct action at shannon.

The Struggle Goes On; interview with argentinian autonomiSt and pickateer.

Beyond Protest; The Campaign for Free Education.

We Want Control Of Our Bodies; interview with an irish anarchist on the struggle for reproductive rights in this country

The View From The Bus; the good bus at the G8.

Interview with arressted Plough Shares Activist after break in at RAF Base.

...think thats it...

Yup, thats a definite Mr Spud, throw us down on it there. We kind of likethe idea of getting as many trades as possible, especially with publications of a political slant, preferably multiple copies for multiple copies as that would facilitate doing some sort of distro type thing. its a pity that a lot of excellant publications never really make it over here.

Antrophe said:
Yup, thats a definite Mr Spud, throw us down on it there. We kind of likethe idea of getting as many trades as possible, especially with publications of a political slant, preferably multiple copies for multiple copies as that would facilitate doing some sort of distro type thing. its a pity that a lot of excellant publications never really make it over here.
If any of yis are going to the GZ gig tomorrow night do you want to bring a couple of copies for the Jolly Roger distro?

yeah, i shoudl be going along so ill bring by a few copies. How many do you want?

Antrophe said:
Articles;

Disco, Disco; Interviews with representatives of autonomous community space.

is this the one where we were 'interviewed' the morning after warzone? that's not going to make ANY sense...

God no, its an interview after the meeting in the Mews after the first eviction. Cian and Liz did it, its basically about the idea of autonomous space, the politcal aspects of it, relating to the communtiy, success and failures and a bit on dutch squatting...

Cant remember his name, that interview should be funny,

'Rhona, I mean R... oops... ouch.. we em, started an autonomous centre or something...ow... my head hurts... I'm never drinking again...so squats anyways'

'um.. kev.. i mean mr. k, said to mari .. um miss m. that .. um.. ... ah.. what was the question again?'

and to think, he wanted to put a recording of the interview up somewhere. jaysus, the edited, typed up version will be pathetic enough.
see you next week girl!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back