Official Thumped position on Lisbon (2 Viewers)

How will you vote in Lisbon II: Is That Your Final Answer?

• Yes

Votes: 40 58.8%
  • No

Votes: 20 29.4%
  • Abstain

Votes: 7 10.3%
  • Spoil

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Serpico

Website
www.conanbrophy.com
Well? Yay or Nay? There's people on both sides that I'd vote against as a matter of course which makes the whole thing very confusing. I'm not going to read the fucking thing am I?

sex_positions_reverse_cowgirl_varc.JPG

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Lfs6s6e_Io"]YouTube - AFX - Analord 07 - A Lisbon Acid[/ame]

I with Jim Corr on this one.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D8LrCtORZR4&feature=related"]YouTube - Jim Corr - NO to the Lisbon Treaty[/ame]

so is charles o'carroll kelly

“Well, Kicker,” he goes – and bear in mind that this is his opening line to me – “what’s your instinct re Lisbon? Will it be carried this time?” I stare straight through him, which he somehow takes as an invitation to continue. “I said to your godfather last night, I said, ‘That bloody EU crowd, Hennessy, they could have taken Robert Mugabe’s correspondence course. Yes, we fully respect the decision of the electorate, but we’re going to ask them nicely, one more time . . . Lisbon Two – or the Ah Come On, Fellas, Stop Acting The Bollocks referendum, as himself calls it. He can be terribly blue with his language, can Hennessy . . .”

i'd say it's worth a No just for the fact that they're doing it again because they didn't get the answer they wanted. and because i too can't be arsed reading up on it. the gist is that it's somehow bad anyway, as far as i can tell.

bbc said:
EU leaders have agreed a deal they hope will secure the Lisbon Treaty a "Yes" vote in a second Irish referendum.

Ireland won legally-binding assurances that Lisbon would not affect Irish policies on military neutrality, taxes and abortion, diplomats said.

French President Nicolas Sarkozy said leaders had agreed to Irish demands that the guarantees would be given the status of a treaty "protocol".

from last friday
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/8106300.stm

should I show them this thread?

Surely even a look at most of the no crowd is enough reason to vote yes.
See that's what I thought. Then I had a look at the yes crowd and now I haven't a clue. Maybe if they said that they would fuck with our neutrality, taxes and abortion I'd have been more sure of my yes, but if they're gonna leave that shower of filth(the Irish) in charge of our affairs then what's the fucking point?

See that's what I thought. Then I had a look at the yes crowd and now I haven't a clue. Maybe if they said that they would fuck with our neutrality, taxes and abortion I'd have been more sure of my yes, but if they're gonna leave that shower of filth(the Irish) in charge of our affairs then what's the fucking point?

ahhh politics.

Surely even a look at most of the no crowd is enough reason to vote yes.

ahh! i voted down on this post, when i meant to post up. i think that's what happened last time too.

and i would vote no if nothing changed (even though i voted yes last time) because i don't think it's reasonable that the government can just go back with the same treaty until they get the answer they want, but things are going to change from the last time as they have gotten legal assurances on some of the things that people were concerned about last time.

sometimes a think a yes cause we could do with all the help we can get from europe as we're making a cunt of things ourselves and the no crowd are wankers, then i think no just cause it would piss off fianna fail and be another nail in the coffin and (possibly?) lead to them accepting a general election.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back