NTL Digital (1 Viewer)

em, well.... i don't have it myself yet, but i do work for the corporate whores. i'll have it next week prolly and i can tell you then, or i can tell you what channels you can get with it and the prices and what not.

how much is it brady, all in like, and the normal channels too?

also, does anywan know if eircom will charge you millins to activate a line which apparently has never been used? The boxes are there n all, they just have no record apparently of anyone ever having used it. Hrm.

Originally posted by nessy
€60 a month for all the channels

its 17 euros pm for the basic
11.50 for the digital
31.50 for sports and movies together
7.68 for film four
6.40 for disney
6.40 for mutv and
10.23 for playboy.

Originally posted by pad
its 17 euros pm for the basic
11.50 for the digital
31.50 for sports and movies together
7.68 for film four
6.40 for disney
6.40 for mutv and
10.23 for playboy.

deadly, well I'll be obviously adding on all and every sports channel, plus the playboy channel and also obviously the man u channel is a must.

Originally posted by pete
Yes or no?

YES

we have it and we've never looked back

you know that feeling of pity you get when you visit
people who only have the Irish channels?

that's how I feel towards peasents with the regular NTL package

NO !!!!!!!!
for the love of god man dont get it, its terrible, its the same price as Sky Digital and you get about 1 quarter of the channells.
The remote is a pain in the arse as is the way the TV guide is laid out.
They have serious problems with providing uniterupted service, you could be watching a movie and the screen will go blank for a second or two a couple of times. AND they send out the screen format a bit mad, sometimes the left 3rd of the screen will be cut off.
These are my experiences and a few others that i know that were unlucky enough to get the damn thing.
The bastards act the bollox with the wrestling ppvs too, they switch the channel half way through so if you are recording you only get half the show.

Get digital instead i had it for over a year and its a fantastic service, NTL sucks donkey balls

the one advantage NTL has over Sky is the fact that there's no poxy dish going on the roof...

But tell me more about this channel switching malarkey - they said it only takes 7 days, so i'm hoping to have it installed in time for NWO next sunday.....

Originally posted by bombidol

The bastards act the bollox with the wrestling ppvs too, they switch the channel half way through so if you are recording you only get half the show.

I thought there was some built-in macrovision type thing that stopped you from recording ppvs by overloading the power of the signal to the vcr?

Or is this with sky digital only?

And shouldn't sky digital be offering videoguard CAMs in the near distance future because of some law being passed enforcing that decoders cannot be just made to decrypt specific signals (like videoguard for SD).

oh, and sky digital sucks.

Originally posted by pad
em, well.... i don't have it myself yet, but i do work for the corporate whores. i'll have it next week prolly and i can tell you then, or i can tell you what channels you can get with it and the prices and what not.

How quick can it be installed?

What's the story with that PPV channel switching?

Do you get a commission if you make a sale?

pete,
u gotta get it. strictly fro vh1 classics. loads of class metal

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back