Nina Hynes...The Verdict???? (1 Viewer)

she did pretty good. it's hard to say something really concrete about it, so much went into the whole stage set and costumes... i mean her songs are essentially indie pop songs... and her set looked kinda like a bjork set might look... it just seemed a bit mis-matched or something. but, i kinda enjoyed it. shhhhhh ;)

i was disappointed with the whole night
i'm a fan of nina hynes but i thought all her new songs had the same kind of formula (start loud, quiet for verse, then loud for chorus) and she was a bit of a bitch on stage
rednecks were disappointing and those two songs that the jimmy cake did with lisa hannigan were awful
the first one was so boring

Wheels said:
She 'shoo-d' her visuals artist off the stage whilst he was attempting to fix a problem. :eek: :mad:
she does give the impression that she thinks she's to be adored/obeyed/laughed at by everyone, without question... i think it's kinda charming. kinda.

Wheels said:
She 'shoo-d' her visuals artist off the stage whilst he was attempting to fix a problem. :eek: :mad:
what a bint. I would have gone last night...but was tired. never seen jimmy cake. they played with yer wan hannigan?

last time i saw Nine Hynes was supporting smog in cork last year.

the word 'interminable' springs to mind, she played for an hour (maybe more) and it was truly awful. late in her set she asks' anyone want to hear a poem i wrote?'

deathly silence follows 'til a plaintive 'no' eminated from one poor soul who seemingly like me, was ready to top himself.

almost went home before smog even arrived on stage so awful was it all.

Having said all that around the same time a mate saw her at last years 'working class heroes' thing in the point and said she did some mad guitar looping stuff and that she did a great show that night so maybe cork was an 'off-night' for her.

She was very good at the Wake in the Blackfort Organic Gallery last September.

She should set up a band with Jimmy Behan.

It could be called Hynes Behan. Ho ho ho!!

pssc said:
those two songs that the jimmy cake did with lisa hannigan were awful
the first one was so boring
The first one was a John Martyn tune. I thought it was really, really lovely.
They didn't really do another tune with her, although I think she sat in when they did John the Revelator, which is just fuckin deadly.
I thought it was ace.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back