New Rangda (1 Viewer)

pavlos

Supporter
Solutions
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

That sounds great. Much better than their gig here which was such a let down. I love all three of them separately but they just didn't gel that night. The album was OK but this is exactly what I want from them.

That sounds great. Much better than their gig here which was such a let down. I love all three of them separately but they just didn't gel that night. The album was OK but this is exactly what I want from them.

i thought that gig was great. only downside was the fashion suicide of wearing the same t-shirt as rick bishop. morto.

I guess I was in the minority then, I couldn't get into them at all.

However, I do really like the sound of this and will be keeping an eye on them.

I thought they were useless in whelans too and havent listened to them since, but i might give them another listen now that I've learned that the gig was uncharacteristically bad.

I never really paid any attention til I heard this new song. The other stuff I've heard leaves me a tad cold.

Quite enjoying Sir Richard Bishop's Freak of Araby album today too.

I always reckoned the first Rangda album was a rushed job and they'd get better the longer they were together. Saw them live twice and they were fantastic both times.

New Six Organs track out, really impressive - http://pitchfork.com/reviews/tracks/13624-waswasa/

pitchfork said:
For this one, SOoA godhead Ben Chasny enlisted the assistance of some of his bandmates in the defunct heavy psych outfit Comets on Fire, whose sound is definitely present

Yes, it sure is. Fucking immense. A new Rangda album and a new, heavy six organs one is great news

Remember the Six Organs gig in Whelans. I recall going into that expecting a mellow, droney kind of set. They rocked the shit out of the place. Arguably heavier even than the Comets on Fire gig the year before.

Ah yes, what a gig! The first tune was unbelievable - i thought my head was gonna explode.

yep.

I'd love to know who from Comets on Fire is playing on this. There were only 4 in the band if I recall right, Chasny and NVH being 2 and I can't imagine NVH is playing on it.

Can't figure that one out at all but wouldn't be surprised if it's everyone bar Ethan Miller.

There were only 4 in the band if I recall right, Chasny and NVH being 2 and I can't imagine NVH is playing on it.

I think there was five - two guitars, drums, bass and a dude with a table full of electronics.

I think there was five - two guitars, drums, bass and a dude with a table full of electronics.

this might shed some light on it

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

(youtube is screwed for me at the moment so I can't see the picture , only have the sound)

theres a couple of other videos from that gig up on youtube too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back