New Music late 2011-2012 (1 Viewer)

New worm oroboros..

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Re. We Cut Corners - Love that song! And the album isn't bad at all. This one makes me laugh..

albums a bit shit but this is good

These Scot lads have been pretty impressive of late:

Song of Return from Aberdeen:

The new Mount Eerie, the Katie Kim LP that sounds like Hanne Hukkelberg, again with the Field Music LP, Tenniscoats' 'Papa's Ear' album.

I picked up the following this weekend (some based on this thread)

The Men - the new one. Sounds great
Dexys - One Day I'm gonna Soar. Sounds dodgy as hell
Torche - new one. Sounds decent. I need to give it more time
Japandriods - new one. Sounds ok. A couple of standout tunes and a lot of stuff that sounds ok. Is this Math Rock? Am I risking putting my 'image' on the line admitting I'm listening to this?
Liars - XIWIX. Sounds great. I totally get the Radiohead comparisons. This needs to be listened to in headphones. The vinyl comes with a CD copy so I got that
Last Days of 1984 - the white vinyl is very sexy. This is probably the pick of the lot. It sounds great.
Here We go Magic - new one. Sounds very different from the last one. Interesting on the first couple of listens but definitely needs a few more go's before I'll know if I like it.

yes, solid advice

I also got the new Beach House album. Its lovely. But its like every other Beach House album which is probably why I forgot it when I wrote that post earlier

Was listening to it over the weekend. I don't understand how people/critics are saying this is their best album. For me the first album is by far the best, it's properly "dreamy", melancholic, hazy, melodically and sonically interesting and sounds just like how I would hope Beach House would sound if I read a description of them. The last two albums sound like the best elements of the first two albums with a white sheen of valium-haze wrapped around them. I can't listen to more than two or three songs at a time without feeling emotionally deadened. Which is a shame because there's some really good songs in there somewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back