new liverpool thread - everyone loves them (2 Viewers)

Mkhitaryan, he's incredible. If Liverpool sign him we won't need Suarez, or Gerrard for that matter. He is agile, fast, and was at the heart of a lot of Shaktar's best moves last season. He knows how to pass and he knows how to ping in shots from 30 yards. The thought of him linking up with Coutinho and Sturridge is really exciting.

Personally I hope Suarez fucks off for a lot of money. I don't like him, and I don't think he makes the team any better. He's been conducting this transfer wangling in a typically underhand way and every time he opens his mouth he's knocking money off the asking price. If you care about the club, SHUT THE FUCK UP. He'd better be confident that there's an offer on the way because that money would be very useful elsewhere on the pitch.

(Interesting to note that if you took away his goals last season, we'd still have finished 7th. We also won a higher percentage of the games he was absent for than the games he played in.)

Toure will be a good signing. He's a step up from Carra in terms of skill and he's taking a pay cut to join, so why not? Getting in 2 solid, fast, intelligent centrebacks who know how to defend against a team playing on the break is essential - which is why Skrtel is off, and why Coates isn't going to cut it. There's no time for fucking around with lads like that who aren't ready to go in and boss it. BR's had time to look at the options and there's not much in the cupboard. It's not like Henderson where there were enough options around him to give him time to settle and come on, we have nothing there at the minute. Again, Luis, if you're going to go please go quickly.

Anyway I think if the targets that seem to have been identified are bought quickly so that there's time to bed in, we'll see the team stepping up to a much higher level next season. For once it seems like they are signing players at just the right age - 23 to 25 where they're not just prospects but have actually done a job somewhere.

Not making any predictions of course. But we'll make the top 4.

im hoping with henderson's continued improvement under br, as well as couthino, sterling, gerrard and hopefully an improved allen it would be great to get that armenian fella, to help link things up.

anyone here think its a good/bad idea to offload shelvey?

with sturridge out for a wee while I think we'll need someone else apart from the new spanish striker and borini to have as an option.

any word on that greek centre back signing?

I read that the deal for the sunderland keeper more or less complete, which will give westwood more game time which can only be good for ireland.

Haven't heard anything about CB deals except that Sporting turned down an offer for Ilori. Rumours in Portugal were that terms had been agreed with the player. Who knows.

Shelvey's not good enough, I think they'll either cash in or send him out on loan and then cash in next year. He won't be in the team much though.

Borini should be much better this season, he had a bad run with the injuries and what not. Also I wonder if he will look much better alongside Sturridge rather than Suarez, who tends to play all over the pitch. Apparently when he was scoring for fun at Roma his game was all about space and positioning. I hope he comes good, he has potential.

I'll miss pepe. I worry that losing two big personalities (Carra, Pep) in one go is a bad thing. It happened when Hyypia and Alonso left. But Mingolet is excellent, and let's be honest, Pepe's standards slipped alarmingly. I think they have to push for Papadopolous, because he has a huge personality. We need leadership out there on the pitch.

I'd be happy for luis to go for plenty of dosh. But who's gonna buy him? The french clubs have said nothing so far. Real seem more interested in Bale and Cavani. Altletico might suit him, and they have a wad to burn through. But then if he stays, i can't see him giving any less than everything on the pitch. The only thing would be that BR was afraid to substitute or drop him last season, and if it's not going his way, he makes the game all about himself. The important thing is to have options, so if he's having a stinker, but hogging the ball, he can get hooked and we can put someone else on. Someone that might do something. Not Michael Ngoo, basically. Either way, sort it out soon, Luis, you prick.

Carroll's gone (good luck to him, but thank fuck) paving the way for the finalisation of the Mkhitaryandeal. We could also be getting Atsu from Porto for a bargan £3 million and still in the hunt for Luis Alberto. If we can get the Suarez conundrum sorted before August (internally at least) and get one more central defender this could be looking like Liverpool's best Summer transfer window in an age.

is reina gone so or how is this gonna pan out?

i'm presuming this move to barca will happen. is there a chance they'll both fight for the place next year? rotating keepers never a good idea

I think there's a chance that Pepe will stay for one more year, a la Valdes and then make the switch next year. That would give Mignolet a year to understudy, get a few Carling Cup games under his belt and make the step up next year. Maybe.

I think there's a chance that Pepe will stay for one more year, a la Valdes and then make the switch next year. That would give Mignolet a year to understudy, get a few Carling Cup games under his belt and make the step up next year. Maybe.

Given both their recent form I think Mignolet will come in ready to go straight in. He's not exactly a big glammer signing but he's a bloody good goalie.

Mig's plan is number one for the Belgian's in next year's world cup, so there's no fucking way he's come to Liverpool to lose on penalties to Huddersfield town in mid September. The lad is a quality player, and hasn't thwon the ball into his own net with quite the regularity of Jose. What i think Liverpool stand to lose, however, is a towering influence in the dressing room. He's a much loved lad, that Reina. And what with Carragher heading down the dole office too, we can't really afford to be losing big personalities. I'd say we never recovered from losing Alonso and Hyypia in the same window, so i'd hope Reina stays for another year, at least. I'd see him starting as number one, all fired up, and then doing his usual, 89th minute spooner against Arsenal before stepping aside.

with the arrival of these new four signings its good to see the cock up of the last window isn't being repeated. i don;t know a whole lot about these 2 new spanish guys but I hope they work out better than sahin did and so far with assaidi, in fact will he still be around next year?

any news of skrtl leaving seems to have dissapeared from the media so i hope he can get back to his best and get a strong partnership with agger re-established. to have toure as a back up can only be a positive and perhaps wisdom may move into cover this area if kelly is fully fit to cover rb after johnson.

with options in the middle having been added to with the new alberto i wonder what our line up will be like in that area, especially if suarez stays as im sure he and sturridge will play with couthino and gerrard in behind them too.

with the arrival of these new four signings its good to see the cock up of the last window isn't being repeated. i don;t know a whole lot about these 2 new spanish guys but I hope they work out better than sahin did and so far with assaidi, in fact will he still be around next year?

any news of skrtl leaving seems to have dissapeared from the media so i hope he can get back to his best and get a strong partnership with agger re-established. to have toure as a back up can only be a positive and perhaps wisdom may move into cover this area if kelly is fully fit to cover rb after johnson.

with options in the middle having been added to with the new alberto i wonder what our line up will be like in that area, especially if suarez stays as im sure he and sturridge will play with couthino and gerrard in behind them too.

The Ashley Williams deal is being mentioned again. Where's Papadopulous is my question. Either way, would it be a massive loss to lose Skrtl?

The Ashley Williams deal is being mentioned again. Where's Papadopulous is my question. Either way, would it be a massive loss to lose Skrtl?

No. Skrtl isn't going to cut it, is he? A great stopper but liable to throw total wobblers when not protected, get out of position, etc etc.

For once I almost have faith in the club to get the deals done, so I'm just sort of enjoying the rumours rather than weirdly fretting about what second best option we'll end up with instead.

This transfer committee thing wasn't in place last summer and we basically ended up with players BR had already worked with, and very little else. I like those players but they don't compare to the January signings. Sturridge and Coutinho were targeted and bought with minimal fucking around and they are pure gold. So far we've got 4 new players in and it's only just gone July. Mkhitaryan deal's apparently being messed up by 3rd party ownership, but it doesn't sound like that's going to stop it being done. It all bodes well. Assuming Mkhitaryan comes, we just need one rock solid CB in and that's the first team looking very, very good. I'd prefer the psychotic young Greek myself, or Sakho, but one of them plus Williams would be great.

but one of them plus Williams would be great.

Williams has been linked with my lot too but I'm unsure about him. Obviously having been at Swansea he plays the ball around well, and he's worked with Rodgers so that'd be a plus or Liverpool, but I'm not sure he's all that great a defender.

Williams has been linked with my lot too but I'm unsure about him. Obviously having been at Swansea he plays the ball around well, and he's worked with Rodgers so that'd be a plus or Liverpool, but I'm not sure he's all that great a defender.

Price and age put Wenger off. He might be right, but if BR has worked with him, then he knows what he brings. He wanted some experience and shouting what with Carra doing one, but maybe he's got that with Toure. 10 mil seems steep. Half a Pap like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back