new liverpool thread - everyone loves them (6 Viewers)

Initially a bit surprised to find that the Southampton player beginning with L we're signing is actually Lambert. On reflection, it could be a shrewd bit if business by Rodgers. Proven premier league quality (a goal every other game for so'ton, albeit a lot from the spot), local lad getting a late career dream move. For 4 million it's a snip, immediately a better bench option than aspas anyway.

Won't he expect to go straight into the first team? I wouldn't expect he'll be happy to sit on the bench.

Won't he expect to go straight into the first team? I wouldn't expect he'll be happy to sit on the bench.
He wasn't a guaranteed started last season at So'ton. Also, he's not retarded, so I reckon he might realise that Sturridge and your man, whatsit, Suarez have a bit about them.

Rickie-Lambert-011.jpg

that new top looks like an aerobics outfit from 1990

watched his first interview on club website earlier

the guy seems genuinely fucking ecstatic to be there. hope it works out for him. seems like a sound lad. hopefully can get his first goal outta the way asap

It's fucking boring having to make excuses. Anyway, I think the problem was if he left when we weren't in the CL, then we were never getting there. There's no point having all that money burning a hole in yer pocket if nay khant wants to join cos you're best bet of tin is the Milk Cup.

bite or no bite, once barca or real want a player and put the cash on the table, he goes. 75m sounds like a realistic final figure as is reported tonight.

i would've preferred if he stayed (because hes a fucking unbelievable football player!) but its looking like we're gonna have a pretty decent squad of some depth for CL season by selling him. lets just hope adam lallana doesn't turn into a david bentley or something. should be a very interesting season.

think lovren and bertrand would be strong additions to the back. enrique i presume is fit by now?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back