new liverpool thread - everyone loves them (12 Viewers)

I don't get why Rodgers is complaining about Chelsea parking the bus. Has he not noticed that that's exactly how they play against every good attacking team?
usually don't read reports/watch post match interviews or analysis etc. after bad results like that but was curious to see rodgers in his post match press conference yesterday. definitely was well pissed with prickhead's tactics. apparently there was no handshake either. mourinho pissed off down the tunnel. (might have had something to do with pool not giving ball back after chelsea put out for injuries but they were bang on to carry on. the blatant time wasting and feigning of injuries was such a sickener from the off). BR also claimed that it was easy to coach teams to play like chelsea did there. surprised he let it get to him because yeah, its a shit way to grind out results but they're damn good at it.

i think this gentleman sums up the collective feeling of all fans.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
usually don't read reports/watch post match interviews or analysis etc. after bad results like that but was curious to see rodgers in his post match press conference yesterday. definitely was well pissed with prickhead's tactics. apparently there was no handshake either. mourinho pissed off down the tunnel. (might have had something to do with pool not giving ball back after chelsea put out for injuries but they were bang on to carry on. the blatant time wasting and feigning of injuries was such a sickener from the off). BR also claimed that it was easy to coach teams to play like chelsea did there. surprised he let it get to him because yeah, its a shit way to grind out results but they're damn good at it.

i think this gentleman sums up the collective feeling of all fans.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Ha. Fucking hell.

he's a brobdingnagian cunthead. He's like the George fucking Orwell of football.

"If you want a picture of the future, imagine a prostrate Ivorian, rolling on the turf holding his face, forever."

Can\t dwell on the past lads. Chelski were a cunt to break down, you've got Tony the cunt Pulis next week and they are bang in "form" at the moment, they even have strikers that actually score goals.

I still hope you give Pulis an absolute spanking but to do so BR really has lessons to learn from yesterday. We tried to play actual football against them and lost 3-2.

If it were me I'd go 3-5-2, stop them getting out of their own box and play 3 absolute giants at the back. Seriously they make Chelski look like Brazil 1970.

Didn't have to break down Chelsea, they needed the victory. LFC didn't. Let The Cunt have his fucking buses.

Well what else can he say, he can't publicly blame it on Gerrard's slip. There's no way to know for sure but it was on course for a 0-0 or a liverpool goal except for that - and the fact that the centre backs were both parallel to Gerrard in the centre circle, I guess.

Well he can say Chelsea did what they came to do and they did it very well. He should have been prepared for them to play that way. What he was saying about always asking for Liverpool to play with the players expressing themselves, etc., it's a bad idea to set your team up the same way for every game, sometimes you have to change it up to counter what the opposition will do, and Rodgers didn't get that one right yesterday.

Well he can say Chelsea did what they came to do and they did it very well. He should have been prepared for them to play that way. What he was saying about always asking for Liverpool to play with the players expressing themselves, etc., it's a bad idea to set your team up the same way for every game, sometimes you have to change it up to counter what the opposition will do, and Rodgers didn't get that one right yesterday.
I thought he got it right for the most part but knowing that Liverpool didn't need to win, they did force the issue a bit too often when they could have just comfortably held onto the ball and made Chelski come on to them. The problem for Liverpool against side like Palace is that they have to win now. To do so they'll probably have to either play perfect football or change what they've been doing in order to circumvent Pulis's anti-football approach. Huge test for Rodgers ability to adapt to the opposition. Really nervous about it but hopefully they bang in 6 in the first half and leave Palace in the lower half of the PL where they should be.

Well apparently Brendan later called Mourinho and congratulated him - and now Mourinho's used that personal conversation to embarrass him in the CL press conference. Stay classy Jose.

Everton and Villa are both tricky games for City.

The worry for LFC is keeping the players, and Gerrard in particular, focued on the game on Monday night. I have to say Ken Early's piece from 8x8 on Gerrard looked particularly justified by all those poor second-half shots he started taking in the second half on Sunday. Why did it have to be him who made the slip? You really couldn't make it up.

Well apparently Brendan later called Mourinho and congratulated him - and now Mourinho's used that personal conversation to embarrass him in the CL press conference. Stay classy Jose.

Everton and Villa are both tricky games for City.

The worry for LFC is keeping the players, and Gerrard in particular, focued on the game on Monday night. I have to say Ken Early's piece from 8x8 on Gerrard looked particularly justified by all those poor second-half shots he started taking in the second half on Sunday. Why did it have to be him who made the slip? You really couldn't make it up.
If it goes tits up, on goal difference, we can pick our own moments that fucked us. I think we should, as a community, plumb for kolo's backpass against Brom. Or how about Henderson's rash tackle against City.

Every time we lose this season, we learn something. Hopefully we learned something on Sunday, mainly, when you don't need to force the issue against the most defensive prick in town, leave some fucking defenders in front of your goal.

I think Brenda should have told Skrtl to go forward for the last ten. He would have caused mayhem.

thought aspas might become one of those cult figures there on sunday after his beautiful first touch as part of a one-two in the box. maybe this guy can actually do something here in these ten minutes?!

HA! lad had a couple of horrible moments. that corner? fuckin' hell

moments that fucked us? we're gonna be looking at gerrard on all fours for years to come. thats the one.

The Aspas corner where he passed it to Willian and pretty much ended the game for us.... that goal they got after that could be crucial. I wanted to kill him at that point.

Gerrard will bag ten goals in the next two games and win it. EVERYONE RELAX.

Anyway, Everton and Villa will totes take points off City. City are shite.

The Aspas corner where he passed it to Willian and pretty much ended the game for us.... that goal they got after that could be crucial. I wanted to kill him at that point.

Gerrard will bag ten goals in the next two games and win it. EVERYONE RELAX.

Anyway, Everton and Villa will totes take points off City. City are shite.

auld lad was trying to reverse my pessemistic outlook on the city run-in. they nearly fucked it up against relegated 10 man QPR 2 years back. beaten my wigan at home this year. sunderland draw.

still can't see them bottling it though. and as someone mentioned a few posts back. Pool v Palace is massive potential fuck up

auld lad was trying to reverse my pessemistic outlook on the city run-in. they nearly fucked it up against relegated 10 man QPR 2 years back. beaten my wigan at home this year. sunderland draw.

still can't see them bottling it though. and as someone mentioned a few posts back. Pool v Palace is massive potential fuck up

The bad results for City when things were looking bad. Everyone had pretty much crowned LFC and they had maybe lost a bit of self-belief.
They'll have the bit between their teeth these last 3 games. I can't see them blowing it.

But it is, as they say, a funny old game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back