My new 'ambient' thing.. Letter From Belgium (1 Viewer)

Probably the most Ben Johnson ever talked in a film. Works really well with the forlorn feel of the track.

It reminds me of something - it's killing me trying to think of it!

Thanks! Yeah I've actually wanted to use a sample of that dialogue for a song since I was like 16, no shit... I always thought it would work well in a song..

As far as what it sounds like is concerned, I'd be lying if I said there wasn't serious Labradford worship there, especially Mi Media Naranja...

Love that kinda guitar sound. It's got a real The Album Leaf / Jeniferever vibe off it.

cool, i really like the album leaf so thats a big compliment.. haven't heard much jeniferever but I do like what i've heard.

i find jeniferever to be immensely boring and drifting very far into that dull explosions in the sky formula..
still worth a listen though.

i find jeniferever to be immensely boring and drifting very far into that dull explosions in the sky formula..
still worth a listen though.

They're certainly not exciting, but I'd never say boring. I found them to be the musical equivalent of being in a warm bed in a freezing house: comforting but as soon as you get up, the dream is over. I don't think I'll ever like them as much as I did when I first heard them.

Ummm if anyone is interested I'm finishing up a 5 track EP which i'll stick up for free download. Should be ready in a week or two.

Should be ready in a week or two.

this was a total lie by the way

if any folks know things about recording it'd be good to get feedback on this new track... listening on myspace it's mashed it up pretty bad, so will prob re-up it later.. but yeah...

The artist name keeps reminding me of French letters, the old slang for johnnies. Chris O'Donnell keeps saying it in Circle of Friends, each iteration adding a new great moment to the cinematic canon.

Very nice tunes. Hooray for Melodies.

Yo. So I put up a new song called 'christmas eve'.

I wanted to set myself a challenge of writing and recording a song in a day. So I started writing this at around 3 o' clock today and just finished it.

Check it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back