Minor complaints thread (33 Viewers)

Just put together my homemade brownie sundae and was about to sit down to Nexflix when one of the damn kids came home. This blows. Your dad is gone for the weekend, you don't live here, go home! So much for my holiday of alone time. Now I have to baby sit the liquor cabinet. This is the weirdest social situation I've ever been in and that's saying a lot.

some called sinead talking about the new james yorkston. Some of what she said

- album is too long
- need to listen to the lyrics but lost interest
- needy voice
- 2/5

they should have given her a girls aloud album to review

the other lad there knew his shit though

bah

Heard that too, and almost took to Twitter myself. I think the gist of what she was saying was that she didn't want to listen to something that she had to pay attention to, as it would distract her from the housework, or whatever (her words, not mine!)

The two tracks they played from the album sounded lovely.

Just put together my homemade brownie sundae and was about to sit down to Nexflix when one of the damn kids came home. This blows. Your dad is gone for the weekend, you don't live here, go home! So much for my holiday of alone time. Now I have to baby sit the liquor cabinet. This is the weirdest social situation I've ever been in and that's saying a lot.

God, what age is he/ she?

Blows.

Is there any end in sight?

Tell them I'm on my way over with the sprog and my sister's kids, that we need a babysitter.
They won't call our bluff.

- album is too long
- needy voice
- 2/5

bah

No one ever knows their shit on Arena. Some of the worst music criticism I've heard.

My Carpal tunnel is back, I'm in work and I've run out of pain killers.
This will not end well.

No one ever knows their shit on Arena. Some of the worst music criticism I've heard.
It seems to have gone that way recently alright. I have no problem with someone critiquing an album and coming to the conclusion that they don't like it. But this was like giving a teenage Jo-Maxi music reviewer an album that clearly is not targeted at her demographic and asking her to review it. It sounded like she made no effort to actually listen to it, hence her nonsense reasons for not liking it.

But, as I said, to be fair the other lad there did know his shit.

Heard that too, and almost took to Twitter myself. I think the gist of what she was saying was that she didn't want to listen to something that she had to pay attention to, as it would distract her from the housework, or whatever (her words, not mine!)

The two tracks they played from the album sounded lovely.
Yep, and I'll admit to being a massive JY fan but I'll be the first to accept that hes not for everyone.

But christ, if you're asked to review something, make some bit of an effort with it.

I don't listen to Arena much anymore as I just stopped finding it interesting. I reckon I'll listen to it even less if thats the standard of review we can expect from now on.

- album is too long
- needy voice
- 2/5

bah

HEY

anyway: minor complaint

Reading Noolys posts.

spent frickin' AGES on mine and for NOTHING

126337003673321_5.jpg

Record player kept turning itself off. How come I'm only discovering it has an "Eco" mode after owning it for Twelve years?

I'm running out of things to do with the courgettes from the garden.
I mean cooking wise, get your head out of the gutter.
Risotto, lasagna, au gratin, muffins, blanching and freezing for later...
there's a great recipe for courgette, almond and mint pesto from this book
Vegetables from an Italian Garden | Food & Cookery | Phaidon Store

500g courgettes
18 mint leaves
1/2 clove garlic
2 tbsp chopped parsley
50g blanched almonds, chopped
100g pecorino, grated (or parmesan but pecorino works better)
50 ml olive oil

halve the courgettes and scoop out the seeds, then simmer for 8 minutes until al dente. when the courgettes are cool, blend everything in a food processor, adding the oil gradually at the end. add salt and pepper to taste.

serve with tagliatelle or linguine and preferably lots of bacon bits

i think the quality of the courgettes really affects the results but yours are from the garden so they should be great i guess?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back