Meeting People (2 Viewers)

Well, that's just creepy. I'm not talking about running up to someone when they are walking but starting a conversation with someone on the tube about a book they are carrying or something is totally fine in my book. I once had a guy on the T in Boston compliment my shoes. We chatted a few stops and then he asked for my number. I went on a few dates with him but ended up with someone else who I was going on a few dates with at the time too. In retrospect, probably should have chose the shoe guy. Also, the last time I actually 'dated' was over ten years ago. Now I'm depressed.

A friend of mine was wearing a red raincoat during the wet weather here recently and she said she got three or four “Hey, Little Red Riding Hood” comments in the space of an hour by creepy men on the street. That must be some kind of record.

As long as you don't say, "smile" to women, I think it's okay. I really hate when men tell me to smile. Starting conversation (sober and during the day) on the other hand shows confidence and I'm all for that in men.
Men and women often say this to me too. There I am all happy and this happens and I feel like breaking all the person's teeth with my knee

A girl I knew was wearing a short red dress on the bus one day... a guy got on, spotted her and went into a conniption , pointing and stuttering until at last he blurted out "Cornflakes!"

He meant 'Special K' I think

I was in the Bernard Shaw a few yeas ago with some other Thumpeders and a guy in his 70s came over to tell me "You're a nice girl. I'd never put you in a bin".
Still the best compliment I've ever had.

Yeah, there's nothing wrong with complimenting someone, or having the confidence to have a go and see what comes of approaching a stranger, but there's a time and a place. You never really know whats going on with someone when they're walking down the street, and the chances are people feel pretty anxious and nervous when strangers approach them in that context, since in general, its normally utter weirdos that do so.
I think I'm lucky, I've never really hit on a stranger.

I remember my mate from college walked up to another girl in college, in broad daylight, told her she was gorgeous and asked her to go for a coffee. It worked, I absolutely couldn't believe. He was very good looking though. I think you can only get away with that kind of shit when you're classicly beautiful. Otherwise you come across as creepy. Which is kind of an indictment on humanity when you think about it.

I remember my mate from college walked up to another girl in college, in broad daylight, told her she was gorgeous and asked her to go for a coffee. It worked, I absolutely couldn't believe. He was very good looking though. I think you can only get away with that kind of shit when you're classicly beautiful. Otherwise you come across as creepy. Which is kind of an indictment on humanity when you think about it.

Handsome men are far less likely to be creepy.

lets just end this nonsense now and all stay away from each other. the human race is doomed anyway.

i actually think life would be way easier if sexual and romantic attraction just weren't a thing, and we all just had mates and never desired anything else

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back