MCD vs Boards.ie (1 Viewer)

Re: Boards.ie is being sued by MCD...

why was that thread deleted and not just locked? not like thumped....:confused:

because if this board publishes libelous material there won't be a thumped

it's pretty fuckin simple, and adding 'allegedly' doesn't exactly cut the mustard when the meaning stays the same. if you want to make an allegation, back it up. be able to prove it (on balance of probabilities).

otherwise stop being so irresponsible with someone else's forum.

ps that's not all directed at pilchard. just the moronic comments that clearly aren't all that funny anymore.

it's pretty fuckin simple, and adding 'allegedly' doesn't exactly cut the mustard when the meaning stays the same. if you want to make an allegation, back it up. be able to prove it (on balance of probabilities).

ps that's not all directed at pilchard. just the moronic comments that clearly aren't all that funny anymore.

I never heard such snivelling nonsense.

What MCD are doing is using their muscle to buy silence on the matter when there is plenty of reliable evedience that a) Things were allowed get out of hand on one of the campsites and b) security were either unwilling, ill equiped or unable to deal with it.

People have a duty to take the piss out of behaviour like that.

What he said. The problem isn't with Thumped, the problem is that making potentially dangerous statements would do more to damage Thumped than to challenge what's really going on.

It's a bit of a catch-22, and I do think it's quite a chilling issue, but I don't think putting the survival of Thumped in jeopardy, or putting Pete at risk of ending up on court over something that was said as a joke, is worth it.

I do think there needs to be a forum for discussion of what's happening, but one of the problems with the degradation of actual freedom of speech is that you don't realise it's reached a crisis point until you find you can't speak freely. We should all be more concerned than just firing off jokes that could actually create legal trouble.

so let me get this straight - are MCD suing because they didnt like the subsequent pisstaking or is it because people actually - god forbid - posted honest accounts of what happened?

What MCD are doing is using their muscle to buy silence on the matter when there is plenty of reliable evedience that a) Things were allowed get out of hand on one of the campsites and b) security were either unwilling, ill equiped or unable to deal with it.

I think the point Oh Shit was making was not that no one should take the piss out of it, but that actually, this is a really serious issue, and that taking the piss out of it and only taking the piss out of it will do more to get Thumped in trouble than it will to challenge the real problem.

father_ted.jpg

yeah guys, cop on. Dont say anything that could be considered libelous, beacuse boards.ie is being sued.

OK, just one last one. Oh Shit is a knob (allegedly).

Amazing.
1. Shouldn't someone start up a free message board offshore somewhere to discuss the issue?
2. How about we organise a "Rock Against MCD" fundraiser thing. Oh, the irony.

I think the point Oh Shit was making was not that no one should take the piss out of it, but that actually, this is a really serious issue, and that taking the piss out of it and only taking the piss out of it will do more to get Thumped in trouble than it will to challenge the real problem.

MCD have actually sued anyone yet. AFAIK they have sent a solicitors letter which the the first recourse of every Irish blowhard who knows they haven't a leg to stand on but would like to look mean anyway.

Do you really think MCD want to get involved in a libel case where Boards.ie call 20 sobbing teenage girls to testify as to how frightened thay were, and another 20 little teenage kids who were having a break at poxygen after the hard work of getting 8 honors in the leaving cert and going on to college testifying as to how some scummer thumped them.

MCD's stance is laughable and by tip toeing around them you give them exactly what they want - silence.

MCD have actually sued anyone yet. AFAIK they have sent a solicitors letter

boards.ie said:
As of Friday, 11th August 2006, MCD Productions have entered into legal proceedings against boards.ie Ltd.

At this time we cannot make, or allow, comment on an ongoing legal action against Boards.ie

the legal letter bit happened a few weeks ago. they are now following through.

hold on a second oh shit - if u go back thru my mails, i have NOT made any moronic or irresponsible comments or allegations of any kind. i posted a story bout Boards and then asked a few questions why Thumped pulled it.

get off the moral high ground there, horse, before you fall off and hurt yourself.

MCD have actually sued anyone yet. AFAIK they have sent a solicitors letter which the the first recourse of every Irish blowhard who knows they haven't a leg to stand on but would like to look mean anyway.

Do you really think MCD want to get involved in a libel case where Boards.ie call 20 sobbing teenage girls to testify as to how frightened thay were, and another 20 little teenage kids who were having a break at poxygen after the hard work of getting 8 honors in the leaving cert and going on to college testifying as to how some scummer thumped them.

MCD's stance is laughable and by tip toeing around them you give them exactly what they want - silence.
Tell you what - when it's your board we're all posting on, and you've decided you're not worried about being sued, we'll have a 400 page thread on what we think of MCD. While it's someone else's, and they've said they don't want the threat of legal action, we'll keep schtum. Deal?

noble sentiments indeed, but i'm not sure where calling someone a kiddy fiddler (alleged or otherwise) fits into that. hence the deletion.

sorry everyone.

yeah, jesus. get a grip dude. this is way bigger than c0De_n1NjA!! way bigger.

but yeah, I think someone needs to set up a free board to talk for real about this. don't want thumped going to jail or pete getting bankrupt because we're all potty mouthed jerks.

actually, let's all go over to gigsmart and get them put in jail for a laugh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back