MBV ATP - any reports? (2 Viewers)

11949896971812381266light_bulb_karl_bartel_01.svg.med.png

now back to blissful ignorance re atp.and most other things.

That's Dave Schools from Widespread Panic on bass. Kyle Spence is on drums, and did indeed play with Harvey Milk :)

Aha! Thanks for that. He was bleedin' great anyroad.
Yer Harvey Milk drummer lad was good but went out of time a bit. Caught in his own mosh, as Lee Casey used to say.

Oh and no one has mentioned No Age, who were great, and brought on Bob Mould at the end to fire off a few Husker Du songs. Well I assume they were Husker Du songs, I'm no great authority on them to be honest.

Thought they were good too. Met Randy after their gig and when he ound out I was from Ireland he went into a bitchfest about their Ryanair experience last time they were here.

I really enjoyed the weekend, saw MBV the first night and left it at that. Surprise package of the weekend for me was A place to bury strangers becasue I've never really been into the little of them that I've heard on record but thought their set was good.

Oh also, I went to back tothe chalet to watch match of the day so I only caught the very end of Lightning Bolt on Saturday so I was glad they were the TBC band. I don't know why people were that let down when they were, didn't everyone always assume that it was going to be them?

Oh also, I went to back tothe chalet to watch match of the day so I only caught the very end of Lightning Bolt on Saturday so I was glad they were the TBC band. I don't know why people were that let down when they were, didn't everyone always assume that it was going to be them?

There was lots of speculation. Favourites seemed to be LB and Dinosaur Jr, the latter since J Mascis was just about everywhere (including in the audience a few times) that weekend.

Krossie was hoping it was Cocteau Twins, although no one I know thought that was even remotely likely to happen. With Dirty Three playing that evening and with Jim Sclavunos DJing late that night, I personally thought Grinderman was an outside chance, although the ATP folk probably couldn't afford Nick Cave.

There was lots of speculation. Favourites seemed to be LB and Dinosaur Jr, the latter since J Mascis was just about everywhere (including in the audience a few times) that weekend.

Krossie was hoping it was Cocteau Twins, although no one I know thought that was even remotely likely to happen. With Dirty Three playing that evening and with Jim Sclavunos DJing late that night, I personally thought Grinderman was an outside chance, although the ATP folk probably couldn't afford Nick Cave.

there was never a notion of it being Dinosaur Jr - Lou Barlow is otherwise engaged at the moment. that's the whole reason The Fog played ATP and not Dinosaur themselves

Keep forgetting to mention who good Spectrum were too. Though the last ten minutes were ruined by the staff at the back running around sarcastically dancing and hitting each other with rubbish bags.

seconded on both counts
Band = Houghton's Goal Against Italy In USA 94

Staff = Schillachi's Goal in Italia 90

I dragged meself up to see poor Gemma Hayes, she was first on and noticeably nervous, but great oul gig, fantastic voice, looks lovely, oh aye, fantastic voice. but it was a bit short she only had a half hour.

I like her more cus of that wee show.

some how missed her set even though she wasn't clashing with anyone. Then she cancelled whelans on monday so i didn't get to see her at all

some how missed her set even though she wasn't clashing with anyone. Then she cancelled whelans on monday so i didn't get to see her at all

was she supposed to play whelans monday night?

she was on our flight on the way home on monday.arrived back in dublin about 8:30pm or thereabouts.
plenty of time to get to whelans.

i have nothing to contribute here really.
just thought i'd stick my oar in.

she's mad pretty but.

was she supposed to play whelans monday night?

she was on our flight on the way home on monday.arrived back in dublin about 8:30pm or thereabouts.
plenty of time to get to whelans.

i have nothing to contribute here really.
just thought i'd stick my oar in.

she's mad pretty but.

yeah you're right she's pretty hot

me mates playing whelans that night told me she was supposed to be playing

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back