M,Ward, Goodtime John, Norfolk & Western CrawDaddy - 7th June (1 Viewer)

Deaglan

Website
www.goodluckski.com

M. WARD
+ Goodtime John

+ Norfolk & Western

CrawDaddy, Old Harcourt St Train Station, Dublin 2. Ph: 01 478 0225

Tues 7th June. Doors 8pm

tickets €13.50/€16 from Ticketmaster and usual outlets. Ph: 0818 719 300 or www.ticketmaster.ie

M. Ward - Transistor Radio

(February 21 2005)

‘Transistor Radio is a collection of songs about radio power ­­ specifically, childhood memories of a utopian radio power. It was designed to be heard on vinyl in two segments ­ those being side A and side B’ ‹ M. Ward

Even to the fully initiated, M.Ward comes off like a mysterious enigma, a half-named troubadour with an otherworldly voice and an old time sensibility. Catching M. Ward live in a smoky club can be a thrilling experience. He leaves his audience bewildered and intoxicated ‹ delicate melodies, intricate guitar picking and honeyed vocals are delivered without pretense by a friendly, self-effacing character with his hat pulled down low and his guitar held high. M.Ward is a modern day anomaly. He¹s a skinny kid from Southern California, now settled in Portland, Oregon, with an impressive knack for writing the kinds of songs normally heard on the front porches of Louisiana back when families gathered around the radio instead of the TVŠ

Transistor Radio, M.Ward's fourth full-length album (second on Matador), finds our mellow-mannered friend taking us on a rudderless trip through the airwaves of a lovingly fabricated universe, where boogie woogie nestles gently next to Greenwich Village folk in a dusty record collection, and dogs yawn sleepily in backyards under a harvest moon.

SIDE A

1. YOU STILL BELIEVE IN ME

2. ONE LIFE AWAY

3. SWEETHEARTS ON PARADE

4. HI-FI

5. FUEL FOR FIRE

6. FOUR HOURS IN WASHINGTON

7. REGENERATION #1

8. BIG BOAT

SIDE B

9. PAUL¹S SONG

10. RADIO CAMPAIGN

11. HERE COMES THE SUN AGAIN

12. DEEP DARK WELL

13. OH TAKE ME BACK

14. I¹ll BE YR BIRD

15. LULLABY + EXILE

16. WELL-TEMPERED CLAVIER

Transistor Radio features some very special guests:

Jim James (My Morning Jacket) (2 & 5)

Jenny Lewis (Rilo Kiley, The Postal Service) (8 & 10)

Howe Gelb (Giant Sand) (6)

John Parish (P.J. Harvey) (6 & 13)

Rachel Blumberg (The Decemberists) (8)

Mike Coykendall (The Old Joe Clarks) (3, 9,10,11, 12,15)

Vic Chesnutt (8)

Nick Luca (6 & 13)

Jordan Hudson (The Thermals) (4 & 7)

M. Ward has recently toured the US with Conor Oberst and Jim James (My Morning Jacket) on the nationally acclaimed "Songwriters Tour," and spent time between recording sessions for Transistor Radio as a guitarist for the effervescent Bright Eyes live band at 2004's Coachella festival and on MoveOn¹s Vote for Change tour with REM and Bruce Springsteen. When M. Ward appeared on ³The Late Late Show with Craig Kilborn² playing guitar on ³At The Bottom Of Everything² with Bright Eyes in May 2004, Conor Oberst insisted on shouting ³M. Ward for President!² between versus. Oh, if only!

Covering M. Ward¹s timeless songs has become a popular thing to do lately, as proven by Grandaddy (³Fishing Boat Song²), Cat Power (³Sad Sad Song²), Giant Sand (³Good News²), Bright Eyes (³Seashell Tale²) and Jesse Harris (³Undertaker²).

³TRANSISTOR RADIO IS DEDICATED TO THE LAST OF THE REMAINING INDEPENDENT RADIO STATIONSŠ² ‹ M. Ward

i bought a ticket for this last week, all excited, and then realised that its on the same night as weezer :(
but i gave my ticket to my friend and it made him smile :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back