little help regarding graphic novel? (1 Viewer)

dunderhead

i call it a graphic novel, it probably isnt known as one. i'm lumping it into that category for convenience anyways. anyone into that sort of thing has the best chance of being able to identify it hopefully

was thumbing through a book in shop in paris over weekend and am trying to track it down online but to no avail. should have just bought the bloody thing at the time.

the book was called '3'. which gives an insight as to why a search online doesn't really narrow it down. plain black cover with '3' in the middle. hard cover.

content: basically, each page has nine frames. each frame gradually zooms in on a subject. the last frame on the page reveals a reflection of a new subject and the same process begins on next page and continues like this throughout. all in black and white. no dialogue/speech bubbles etc. about 100 pages i reckon.

edit, have emailed shop since, no reply. the shite google translated email may have offended them

anyone any idea?

ta

My instinct is that the 3 is more likely to represent Part 3 or Volume 3 instead of being the title but I'll have a look around comic databases for you. Was it in a regular book shop or a small indie place? If its the latter it might be hard since it could have been a small press thing which is pretty big in France.

Pretty certain it's called '3 Seconds' (or 3" as it is on the cover) by Marc-Antoine Mathieu.

Fx8ABF6.jpg

£12 on Amazon
3": Amazon.co.uk: Marc-Antoine Mathieu: Books

Picked up a copy of this from the library the other day and it's a pretty inventive and unique book. My only gripe is that in zooming into the artwork, the quality of the the detail line depreciates terribly, thus spoiling the overall effectiveness of the idea.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

fucking non-embedding pricks

skip to 1:35

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back