Large Irish Moths (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter Dan
  • Start date
  • Replies 104
  • Views 12K
  • Watchers 4
Yeah!?

Fucking hell... large moths are my biggest phobia!... when i was eleven I saw two huge moths, with leaf-like wings mating on my friend's front door. They were about the size of a fist....

They better not be back

pete, remember ages ago you posted up stuff from the thumped referrer logs, and there was all sorts of weird things that led people to thumped...

can you do that again? pleeeeese?

yeah i member when we were all going on about our phobias and whatnot on 'de board'. me and billie both mentioned how we can't stand fuckin poxy jaysus moths.

hate em. HATE the fuckers

Originally posted by hopper
yeah i member when we were all going on about our phobias and whatnot on 'de board'. me and billie both mentioned how we can't stand fuckin poxy jaysus moths.

hate em. HATE the fuckers

Ye big pair of Wendys. Moths. A hahahahahahahahahahahahaha bless em. Kittens ears? Are yiz scared of them as well? Or what about bunny wabbits tails? Ohhhh terrifying. What about fancy paper or smelly erasers in the shape of icecream cones? What about care bears and my little ponies?

"Hopper, come quick there's a moth near the lamp"

"But Billy I can't move, I'm rigid with fear of the tiny, flappy, harmless, dusty-winged devil"

"Me too Hopper, oh if only we had eaten our breadcrusts as kids we would be able to do something about it"

i remember someone once sent me a link to a search engine (cant remember which one, unfortunately) that, if you did a search for "Dublin Wankers", the number 1 site that showed up was the trinity college homepage.... most amusing...

I think I was 6 years old at the time.

We were staying with my Granny in sligo.
Now moths are fucking ENORMOUS in the country.
And sure enough there was one particularly GIGANTIC moth
flapping around the kitchen bumping into people, lights and walls.

He was out of control!

Totally unpredictable!

Everyone was freaking out, well me and my sister were anyway.
My granny turned off all the lights to see if the moth would go elsewhere coz as we all know moths love the light.

We all sat in the dark.

My granny flicks the lights back on and my little sister stares and points at my head.

The fucking moth was sitting on my head

I nearly lost my mind.

Originally posted by rothko

The fucking moth was sitting on my head

I nearly lost my mind.

ye see, this is what i've been saying all these years. moths are evil. EVIL.

What are moths made of anyway- you smack them and all that's left is dust. Dust on the inside, dust on the outside. How did they evolve to be made of dust.

Do you know that moths navigate by reference to the moon. They flutter around light bulbs because they think that it's the moon.

They scare me too by the way. They're small but they have the whole psychological terror thing goin' on.

They're just night-time butterflies, people. On the other hand... there is something kind of alien about them. Vaguely related topic: anyone see that film 'The Mothman Prophecies'? Quite eerie.

Originally posted by silo
pete, remember ages ago you posted up stuff from the thumped referrer logs, and there was all sorts of weird things that led people to thumped...

can you do that again? pleeeeese?

I aim to please:
24 Sep, Tue, 05:25:55 benefit underground
24 Sep, Tue, 07:12:16 kila cole hardcore
24 Sep, Tue, 16:00:14 music with the word " sister" in them
24 Sep, Tue, 16:54:51 fucking irish
24 Sep, Tue, 16:55:33 music Northern Ireland Best Before End
24 Sep, Tue, 17:51:08 irish music for the last time!
24 Sep, Tue, 18:04:59 northern irish punk rock
24 Sep, Tue, 20:21:48 pink turds space
24 Sep, Tue, 23:39:25 dudley corporation tour
24 Sep, Tue, 23:57:26 irish punk bands
25 Sep, Wed, 07:16:39 irish punk
25 Sep, Wed, 09:29:18 Document - A Story of Hope music ireland
25 Sep, Wed, 12:22:03 ireland underground club cd
25 Sep, Wed, 15:31:58 y
25 Sep, Wed, 16:51:51 free music downloads
25 Sep, Wed, 20:57:08 runnin riot
25 Sep, Wed, 21:19:30 play underground music
25 Sep, Wed, 23:50:38 q

Pretty dull this time.

moths, pshawww - it's horrible fucking spiders scuttling about on their horrible too many legs that I really cannot fucking BEAR

uuuuhhh

I don't mind any insects except earwigs, they scare the shit out of me. I always leave spiders alone, but when they get onto my bed, then they've crossed a line. Did you know the average person swallows a few spiders a year in their sleep.

Billy and Hopper, you're big girlies blouses...I mean Moths, they're basically butterflies..

Originally posted by kirstie
moths, pshawww - it's horrible fucking spiders scuttling about on their horrible too many legs that I really cannot fucking BEAR

uuuuhhh

Ye, fuck spiders. Freaky bastards. Centipedes can piss off as well. Has anyone ever seen the larva of a dragonfly? Now that's a seriously unpleasent critter

Ditto.
A couple of weeks ago I was out at my folks place as my family is wont to be of a sunday and I picked up a mini harmonica off the windowsill to play the blues because i'd lost my train of thought, playyed a couple of notes and stopped. One of te fuckers was in my mouth.
Hate fucking earwigs.

Bennia Hillius

I once saw a moth with feet.

[I suggest you think about that for a minute.]

Now: the notion that moths navigate using the moon is high-grade shite. Although by now a popular myth, it has its origin in the work of that much-lauded poetic schmuck Percy Bysshe Shelley. The truth is that moths navigate using one half of a human arse - often referred to as a "buttock". When outdoors they mistake the moon for a buttock, causing them to spiral upwards goofily and then fall to earth as soon as gravity puts its foot down.

Clearly Rothko, at the time of his story, was as bald as a coot. The moth mistook Rothko's pate for a half-arse - hence the regrettable scenes of confusion and, later, trauma.

On the matter of what moths are made of, the answer is, as that other boy suggested, dust. But this is not to say that they're insubstantial, simply that we've misunderstood dust for the longest of times.

At night, for example, the dusty surface of your TV screen comes alive and moths rise up from it in delirious pursuit of half-arsed antics. Unclean coffee tables, unopened books, untended carpets - all these give rise, after nightfall, to a myriad of horny moths in search of a bit of bottom.

This is why entomologists often refer to them as "nature's answer to Benny Hill".

Moths schmoths.

Spiders are alright as long as they're little and they don't bite you.

Wasps, now they're eeeeeeeeeeeeeviiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiil.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back