Lana del Rey (4 Viewers)

• Thread starter egg_
  • Start date
  • Replies 355
  • Views 40K
  • Watchers 8
listening to ultraviolence again this afternoon; i liked it from the start but it's grown on me massively too, i love it

lana del rey: fair play to her

She is dreadful.

But fair play to you for sticking to your guns.

Alex Pappademas, my pop culture spirit guide, says this record makes him very happy. So I have been listening to it this weekend.

And he used this Umberto Eco essay to make his point

Eco - "Writings: Casablanca

The Clichés are Having a Ball

By Umberto Eco

Alex Pappademas, my pop culture spirit guide, says this record makes him very happy. So I have been listening to it this weekend.

And he used this Umberto Eco essay to make his point

Eco - "Writings: Casablanca

The Clichés are Having a Ball

By Umberto Eco

As I frantically back pedal after effectively calling you a psychopath I just want to say that this is really good, and I went and listened to the podcast that links to it. I don't buy into it for Lana but it's a real interesting take on it. I probably like someone who does exactly what she does to a different style of music.

Was rocking out to a disco type version of Summertime Sadness(I assume its a remix) in the car with my littl'un earlier..she has the Now Thats What I call Summer triple cd...some great tunes on there..but that ones my fave.

Summertime Sadness ..I like that phrase.Its melancholy in a way that would appeal to moody teenage girls I reckon...which is a quintessential pop element

she's a lot more enjoyable once you make peace with the fact that she's pure persona

i had some trouble with that

She is dreadful and her entire career is an attempt to rewrite Criminal by Fiona Apple.

But I'm gonna give the new album a whirl anyway.

ps bump

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back