Just got an Android phone..Recommended apps for it. (1 Viewer)

has anyone had this problem?

Up until recently I was able to upload photos to Picasa and send them to my email account

Now upload fails every time and although I get a message saying my photo will be sent, the mails never arrive

What can I do to fix this?

Any idea?

Anyone have a suggestion for a to-do list type application

At the moment I use todo.txt which is good in a geeky way - and it syncs to dropbox. But I would like to use something that is
Simple
Has multiple task lists
Syncs to outlook

Remember the seems like the job but 25 a year - no way.

Any ideas?

i've been shoe horning google calendar, which syncs with the one in my Gmail account. not exactly feature rich, but it does remind you of things to do at times and days.

Anyone have a suggestion for a to-do list type application

At the moment I use todo.txt which is good in a geeky way - and it syncs to dropbox. But I would like to use something that is
Simple
Has multiple task lists
Syncs to outlook

Remember the seems like the job but 25 a year - no way.

Any ideas?

Evernote has to do lists - syncs with everything, but I don't think it uses reminders...

Evernote is the balls - They added to-do a couple of months ago - its not great - lacks the features of dedicated task management shizzle - but for one go to place with a simple little to do its great

any decent music apps? all the good ones seem to be on the iphone. i'm talking about the ones which help in making music, not ones for playing MP3s.

Why would you want to make music on your phone?

Rember that Game Boy craze a few years ago? shudder

The Guitar Tuner is about as good as it gets. Other than that I'd say the video camera is the best for quickly recording ideas you come up with on the guitar/piano/spoons etc.

I think Damon Albarn recorded the last Gorillaz album on his ipad. I don't think there's any android DAWs like Garbageband, which is what you'd need.

I don't think there's any android DAWs like Garbageband, which is what you'd need.

Actually, I'm wrong there. If you search the market for "fourtracks" you get a four track recorder which can import wavs and mp3s. Might be good for getting rough n ready ideas down - haven't tried it yet.

(found it via this thread: http://androidforums.com/android-applications/54837-multitrack-recorder-android.html)

There's another open source one there too.. must check it out.

The alarm clock doesn't go off

have any of you experienced this problem? ..I've googled it and it seems it's pretty common

During the night the time stops updating automatically so that when you check why your alarm hasn't gone off in the morning you see the time update after a second...then you call your boss to day you'll be late again

This happened to my phone before and I messed about with some settings and it fixed it , it happened occasionally since and now doesn't seem to work at all.
There are loads of suggestions online , too many in fact so maybe one of you can cut to the chase?

android is buggy as hell IMO. all kinds of stuff like that go wrong on a daily basis and there is no way to roll back the OS without wiping it.

if you're happy with an OS version, think long and hard before updating to a possibly buggier newer version.

My Nexus Ons has worked without a single hitch for over two years, and the only reason I'd ever need to change it is the internal memory is a bit limited.

It's never had a screen cover or a case and the screen, aside from one faint scratch, is immaculate.

Its not too big, not too small and doesn't feel plasticky. Fuching animal of a phone <3

i dunno, i've got a htc desire s running android 2.3.5 plus that heinous htc sense bullshit. buggy out, and some of the most utterly retaaaaded UI design stuff (the sense stuff, android is ok) i've ever had the displeasure of using.

android itself is fine, but each and every phone company adding their own tricks and whistles to stand out from the crowd mean pretty much each and every android phone is a pot luck whether you get something usable or not.

at least iphone have one single OS, which is properly tested and thought out (conjecture: i've never really used an iphone).

that's not even starting on some of the frankly laughable android "app" offerings out there.

IMO naatch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back