Juggling Juggulars coming in April (1 Viewer)

just realised i've spelt juggulars wrong on every thread i've posted this on--ooops it should be jugulars.

anyway i am looking forward to this. me and skubol are going to be putting on regular gigs in bohs, once a month at least in a similar vein, overseas band and some quality irish talent, new and old, varied bills etc.

in general admission willl be a tenner as this will permit us to bring bands over to play what is a relatively small venue, will be non profit, diy etc.

next one is on sat 31 may, full lineup to be confirmed this week

theres 3 gigs i'd like to go to on fri may 2nd, jason and the scorchers, anti nowere league, easpa measa, still dublin is a city of 1.3 million

theres 3 gigs i'd like to go to on fri may 2nd, jason and the scorchers, anti nowere league, easpa measa, still dublin is a city of 1.3 million

Fuck me thats a nice choice.Glad i won't have to make it.

in general admission willl be a tenner as this will permit us to bring bands over to play what is a relatively small venue, will be non profit, diy etc.

hate to say it but lots of people will not pay a tenner unless its bands they really want to see. good luck with the gigs anyway, glad yiz are doin it.

hate to say it but lots of people will not pay a tenner unless its bands they really want to see. good luck with the gigs anyway, glad yiz are doin it.

Gotta agree with ya there. Its not that I think that a tenner is too much for a gig but when most of the other punk gigs are around the €5-€7 mark you are kinda pushin it at €10. If it was a big venue with huge overheads to cover soundman etc I'd understand.

what damo said.personally I'd have not bother paying it if there's a foreign band but if it's an all local line up I can't see folks paying that much..

There will always be overseas bands playing that being the point, we hope to bring over bands that wouldnt play here otherwise in a small venue that is never gogin to be able to take 150 x 6 euro to cover overseas bands and local supports etc etc.

sure if theres not people interested in paying a tenner then we have got it wrong and we can take it from there, we think there'd be a crowd for good line ups with overseas bands on the northside - time will tell, personally i think gigs have been underpriced for a long time.

an awful lot of people are working, or have nixers and signing and the dole is heading towards 190 weekly is it not but as with any gig people will either come or they wont.

anyway what i came on here to say was that Excuses can't paly but have been replaced on the bill by Moutpiece.

Yeah it's about time gigs went up a bit, time will tell if it works out.

You gonna be sending some of these bands up our way?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back