Ireland vs Ratko Mladic (1 Viewer)

This has been fucking surreal.. couldn't tell we'd scored until Jim Beglin pointed it out several seconds later. 1-1 is a great result though, I didn't think we had a goal in us based on the first hour. Hopefully Long and Walters to come back on Monday and we can have a proper go.

Could we hold out 10 minutes and register our first competitive away victory again higher ranked opposition since 1987 (yes, 1987)? Could we fuck.
Still, great weather-assisted score-draw against a bog average team, home advantage and fingers crossed both Long and Walters to batter them senseless on Monday.
Who though, if at all, would you drop if JOSH is fit? Keogh and Clark were both very composed I thought, although Keogh was caught flat footed for the goal.

.. where were all these pricks when we were struggling past Georgia a couple of months back,.

I was sat in the stand.

Fucking fed up with people running this team down. All the lads in work were hoping we'd be lucky and keep it to 2-0.

I'm sick of that shit. We can be rubbish and we can be decent and sometimes excellent. And the same is true of probably all the 3rd/4th placed teams. The tournament will be great craic.

And the Netherlands won't be there. Or Serbia or Greece, or Bulgaria, or Israel, or Black Mountain.....

Who though, if at all, would you drop if JOSH is fit? Keogh and Clark were both very composed I thought, although Keogh was caught flat footed for the goal.

I think you just answered your own question. I like Keogh. A lot. But he has a calamitous air about him and he is almost nailed on to make a goal chance mistake in a big match at this stage. Which is an awful shame.

Clark has a one-big-mistake-per-game feel about him too, just the level we're at unfortunately. They were mostly very solid the other night though and Randolph seems a steadying influence. Ward gave it his best but understandably looked like somebody who hadn't played much in several months and Brady wasn't tracking back to help him out, O'Neill needs to fix the left side before Monday.

I'd maybe switch Clark out if O'Shea is fit, cause Keogh and O'Shea were great against Der Fuhrer.
Keogh was actually unlucky for their goal I thought, if you watch the replay you can see that he can't see the ball fully because of the attacker and defender running in at the front post. Looks to me like he was trying to position to assume that the attacker would get a touch, and it left him with too much to stretch for when the attacker didn't get a touch and the ball came out behind him.

The main thing is that we have to sort the fuck out of that left-back position. All their attacks came down there, like ALL of them, and it's where they got the goal from in the end too. I thought Whelan was pretty shite in that match actually, because he's the midfielder that should be coming over to give extra cover on that side and help snuff out attacks, but he did fuck all.

Hoolahan didn't have a good game either, but he was a bit unlucky in that he had fuck all support from Murphy and the few times he did get the ball down he was basically surrounded by Bosnians. Murphy is okay as a target man, but offers pretty much fuck all apart from that. He did put a good shift in though considering we didn't see much of the ball.

The referee was top notch, it's so rare to see refs nowadays that refuse to be cheated by diving and rolling around at the slightest touch. Ward's booking was probably still harsh though, considering the Bosnian dived and rolled around at the slightest touch.

I think you just answered your own question. I like Keogh. A lot. But he has a calamitous air about him and he is almost nailed on to make a goal chance mistake in a big match at this stage. Which is an awful shame.

Did I? As Corm pointed out, it was Keogh and JOSH who kept a clean sheet against Poland. I think Clark will more likely get bumped but I'd probably prefer him. Mind you, JOSH likely won't be fit anyway, despite reports.

PS - did you see Robbie Brady's face when he scored - like fucking Tardelli in the '82 final. Legend. Also McCarthy was like a rabid dog at the start, which was good to see, even if it didn't get him anywhere. Keane must have shown him the Overmars tackle on repeat before he went out.

PS - did you see Robbie Brady's face when he scored - like fucking Tardelli in the '82 final. Legend. Also McCarthy was like a rabid dog at the start, which was good to see, even if it didn't get him anywhere. Keane must have shown him the Overmars tackle on repeat before he went out.

He put Payet out for 3 months last week with a really nasty one. Seem to have decided that he needs to get stuck in

What's Jack Grealish doing next summer?
29A025D200000578-3124002-Pictures_have_emerged_on_Twitter_of_Jack_Grealish_sprawled_on_th-m-96_1434327791379.jpg

CT9Z31pWoAE4twk.jpg

Jonny Walters has made himself a proper folk hero over this campaign. Harsh penalty call but we merited the win on general play, Bosnia didn't show the right level of urgency until they went 2 behind. The defence and Randolph have done really well over these 2 games to be fair. There's the feel of spirited group of scrappers with this Ireland team, and we've a decent number of youngish players unlike the Euro 2012 team which was obviously on its last legs.. If they can work on their ball retention a bit we might surprise a few people next summer.

CT9u-9RWIAAQB0r.jpg

Looking at that, who do we want to get in the draw next month? I reckon Portugal/Belgium, Switzerland/Austria, Slovakia/Hungary.. Avoiding Italy and Croatia in Pot 2 would be nice.

The defence and Randolph have done really well over these 2 games to be fair. There's the feel of spirited group of scrappers with this Ireland team, and we've a decent number of youngish players unlike the Euro 2012 team which was obviously on its last legs.. If they can work on their ball retention a bit we might surprise a few people next summer.

CT9u-9RWIAAQB0r.jpg

Looking at that, who do we want to get in the draw next month? I reckon Portugal/Belgium, Switzerland/Austria, Slovakia/Hungary.. Avoiding Italy and Croatia in Pot 2 would be nice.

Much rather have Croatia than Switzerland or Austria. Croatia are definitely a team on the way down, with Modric and Rakitic the only two players to actually worry about. Austria topped a group with Russia in it, and the Swiss have a really good squad despite their shit results against the brits.
Maybe would like Switzerland just to have a go and beating the fucking bastards. Ireland vs Sepp Blatter! Haha actually really hope we get Switzerland now!!

Dream draw:

The Brits (cause they are basically shite after all)
Probably Czechs, although they are decent
Hungary
Ireland

Dream Evil Person/Dictator draw:

Ireland versus Emperor Leopold II
Ireland versus Josef Fritzl / Hitler / etc
Ireland versus Nicolae Ceausescu

Dream comedy because of pure boredom / how many times have we played these fucking teams draw:

Germany
Austria
Poland
Ireland

Dream revenge draw:

Ireland versus Thierry Henry
Ireland versus Sepp Blatter
Ireland versus either Pope John Paul II or Zlatan

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back