Ireland v Erdogan, Mussollini and Salazar (4 Viewers)

Of course, Italy could put a concrete pillar up front and still make us look shit
I don't know I'd imagine that Italy side will be disjointed and if we can get around him Verratti could be there for the taking.

No really they'll probably walk rings around us.

I'm short on cash but to be honest getting a gawk at Immobile and Verratti might sway me.

It'd probably win the Championship, then struggle to avoid relegation the next season.. Ward is the obvious weak link, not sure what to make of Pearce yet.

Well whaddaya know, we're good again. That was deadly, great entertainment. Except for the continual frustration of watching Long squander anything that comes his way, of course.

Yeah, enjoyed that quite a bit.. Could have been 2-2 by the end. Ireland played some quite neat attacking football and the hoof option is being taken much more rarely. Failing to finish off good chances is a major problem though. Long just never looks like he backs himself to score. Pity about Montolivo, hopefully it's less serious than it seemed.

That was surprisingly enjoyable. Long is frustrating. He's like the good player in 5-a-side, who just wants to do everything himself.

Not so much fun for Riccardo Monolivio. Broken leg.

Lots of positives, as they say. Pilkington played like a man looking for a career, and was incisive and confident. I;d be inclined to see McClean as an impact sub if he can keep that up, but injuries are always a worry. Hendrick looked very composed, and it would be good to to see him start with McCarthy. Meyler was solid, decent option (surely more than enough to keep Whelan out of the first 11). Hoolahan can be quite sublime and was the engine of the side again. McGeady ran down less dead ends, was dangerous and actually made some GOOD CROSSES. Long is really suffering in front of goal, but was otherwise a handful. That's a tough one to solve.
And Keith Andrews and his hair are screaming out for the Apres Match treatment
s_34_401_AndrewsKeith_hair.JPG

That was surprisingly enjoyable. Long is frustrating. He's like the good player in 5-a-side, who just wants to do everything himself.

Not so much fun for Riccardo Monolivio. Broken leg.

I was right behind him when he came back on he ran 2 yards and his leg crumbled under him. It looked incredibly painful.

It was utter shit until Montolivo went off, they could have been 3-0 up by then. After he went off though you could see the Italians didn't really want to risk themselves. It could have been 2-2 alright and we did move the ball a bit better but we still haven't quite got the legs in midfield. McGeady and Coleman showed signs of getting a partnership going but McGeady's final ball is still fairly awful he's still doing that ridiculous thing where he beats his man pauses and tries to beat him again. Promising signs though.

In the end we looked like a half decent side while they never really got out of second gear. What does a game like this tell us well not much really.

Incidentally Mario Ballotelli jogged down the touchline into the corner where I was and about 100 Italian fans swarmed down to the area where he was, chanting his name and taking selfies with him in the background. It was like Beatlemania or something. As much as he puts up with racist abuse from opposition fans you can't imagine how much of a fucking hero he is when he plays for Italy.

Great craic all round I love Craven Cottage it's a real good old fashioned football stadium. Worst bar staff in London though.

Lots of positives, as they say. Pilkington played like a man looking for a career, and was incisive and confident. I;d be inclined to see McClean as an impact sub if he can keep that up, but injuries are always a worry. Hendrick looked very composed, and it would be good to to see him start with McCarthy. Meyler was solid, decent option (surely more than enough to keep Whelan out of the first 11). Hoolahan can be quite sublime and was the engine of the side again. McGeady ran down less dead ends, was dangerous and actually made some GOOD CROSSES. Long is really suffering in front of goal, but was otherwise a handful. That's a tough one to solve.
And Keith Andrews and his hair are screaming out for the Apres Match treatment
s_34_401_AndrewsKeith_hair.JPG
Keith looks like a cheeky cunt from the 1930's who'd steal your barrow of apples and try to sell them back to you.

Keith looks like a cheeky cunt from the 1930's who'd steal your barrow of apples and try to sell them back to you.
Apres Match could have a field day. Did you see his quotes there a few days ago, sticking it to Daddy Dick "I'll never retire from Ireland, none of this 'I might call you after the summer' crap"?
He's great!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back