interesting recording set up video (1 Viewer)

Anthony

Supporter
Since 2000
Solutions
Website
www.themiddleagesband.com
it's ani difranco recording her new album

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFWSUBVMqHM"]YouTube - Ani DiFranco Records "Alla This" Pt. 2[/ame]

It never ceases to amaze me when I see rooms that albums were recorded in. Really slick, well recorded and produced albums recorded in tiny crowded holes, musicians piled up on eachother. Ah the magic of audio.

I really like her rhythm playing on that 1st one.

You'll get a better record out of musicians on top of each other than all split up in little boxes of their own!
I'm trying to figure out if they've got the amps in the same room or not. Anyone spot any?

There'd be only one amp, for the guitar.
Part 3 shows them listening to the recording and proves that all recording situations are the same ;-)

I have a couple of old beds in the garage... hmmmmm.

I didn't see a mic on the double bass.. DI'd maybe?
Seemed like yer man was futzing with a soundtoys plugin in part 1 - it might be that the guitar is in some amp farm/pod nightmare, or that could just be the foldback reverb for her vox.

I didn't see a mic on the double bass.. DI'd maybe?
Seemed like yer man was futzing with a soundtoys plugin in part 1 - it might be that the guitar is in some amp farm/pod nightmare, or that could just be the foldback reverb for her vox.

looked like sound toys all right.

I imagine though they're just wooden frames filled with rockwool and covered with 'lovely' fabric.

Some of the other footage on u tube shows the engineer guy saying something about a 5 watt guitar amp !,- i also spotted the vox brian may practice amp in the backround
- the vocal mic looks like an akg 414 ?, - they've got shit-loads of outboard gear tho..

Yeah, 414 into distressor for vox.
RCA ribbon as mono overhead, 57 on snare.

At 1:27 in part 3, seems like maybe there's one of them little danelectro amps behind her.

In the rack : an 1178, another distressor, what looks like maybe an LA2A or clone thereof, some HD stuff, two neve coloured(ish) strips (maybe) and something that looks like DBX stuff.

Could be that her guitar is plugged into that red thing in the rack.
Can't see exactly where the cable's going.

Yeah, 414 into distressor for vox.
RCA ribbon as mono overhead, 57 on snare.

At 1:27 in part 3, seems like maybe there's one of them little danelectro amps behind her.

In the rack : an 1178, another distressor, what looks like maybe an LA2A or clone thereof, some HD stuff, two neve coloured(ish) strips (maybe) and something that looks like DBX stuff.

Could be that her guitar is plugged into that red thing in the rack.
Can't see exactly where the cable's going.

....that's a Urei 565 behind her head when she's singing and a Retro STA compressor underneath that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back