IDM-onica (1 Viewer)

jackofficer

Has the age of IDM passed? Maybe I'm just less in-the-know than I used to be, but I'm finding feck all electronica of a decent standard these days. The heyday of 3-5 years ago when the likes of Skam, Toytronic, AI Records, Spezialmaterial, Rephlex were all putting out good stuff on a regular basis. Now they're all releasing generic IDM pish or veering into other territories. Rephlex have gone grime, Warp have gone indie....
I'm finding I'm reverting to more band-driven stuff I used to listen to, with the odd listen to Autechre or Plaid or Aphex. Can anybody point out some good stuff from recent times that might be worth checking out?
Muchos gracias.

eh, i lost interest in "idm" (what a fucking shit genre term, dance music for people who dont dance and rub their chin? mood music for occasional ravers to listen to while they shave their heads and choose the most stylish man-moisturiser?) a long time ago. warp could only give a fuck about their hip image and stylish record sales. aphex twin deluges his fans with openly sub-standard tripe. grime (dizzy rascal for the more "alternative" types) is something to be appreciate in some pretentious wire magazine way, hiphop is castrated and made paltable to trendy middle-class coffee-table whiteos.

hahahhahahahahahahahhahaaha

there was alot of good stuff once, black dog, early autechre, blah blah... but i'd rather listen to fucking disco if i want to "dance". personally i perfer unintelligent dance music at a party.

good stuff from recent times got obsessed with excessivness. venetian snares has some great moments when he isnt interst in fucking kicking to death the brains of the listener. still great in parts. personally loving esplendor geometrico. kid606 has gone to utter shite over the last few years, but his down with the scene album is still good stuff. dj surgeon is worth a listen. some mu-ziq still, royal astrometory is nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back