I just found out.. (1 Viewer)

Kastrosama

Website
www.myspace.com
I just found out that everyone or just about everyone in private rented accommodation is entitled to tax relief,
basically you get back 12% of what you payed that year.

afaik you can date it back to 2002..
heres the form
http://www.revenue.ie/forms/rent1.pdf

fill in the details and post it to your local revenue office.
i think its one form per year, if not someone please correct me.

I just found out that everyone or just about everyone in private rented accommodation is entitled to tax relief,
basically you get back 12% of what you payed that year.

afaik you can date it back to 2002..
heres the form
http://www.revenue.ie/forms/rent1.pdf

fill in the details and post it to your local revenue office.
i think its one form per year, if not someone please correct me.

I think this is fairly common knowledge.

It is among all my bogger tenants anyway.

issue is that your landlord may not be declaring the income; so if you claim tax relief, your landlord may up the rent to cover the extra money he has to pay.

issue is that your landlord may not be declaring the income; so if you claim tax relief, your landlord may up the rent to cover the extra money he has to pay.

And he'll be pissed off about it.

Say it to your landlord first. I know some that pay it from their own pocket to avoid the tax authorities snooping.

By far and away the most likely thing is that everything is above board and your landlord will have no problem with you sending off this form.

Why does the form have a big black line through it? Are they trying to make it harder by making me go to some tax office to pick up forms?

Don't know? Maybe your printer is dirty?

By the way, you’re a lot better off asking IFF about this on his tax thread. You see, you don’t actually get €1830. Your tax credits increase by €1830, so that much isn’t taxed. In other words you save about €360 (20%) in tax over the year at the lower rate, or more at the higher rate. It’s complicated.

Try this out:
http://www.ireland.com/focus/budget2008/calculator/

Don't know? Maybe your printer is dirty?

By the way, you’re a lot better off asking IFF about this on his tax thread. You see, you don’t actually get €1830. Your tax credits increase by €1830, so that much isn’t taxed. In other words you save about €360 (20%) in tax over the year at the lower rate, or more at the higher rate. It’s complicated.

Try this out:
http://www.ireland.com/focus/budget2008/calculator/

See this just made me less interested. I can't wrap my head around this tax system. Fill out a form and get cash, grand. Calculations and such, I am too lazy.

Damn, sorry. You see, this is why you're better off asking IFF about it.

BASICALLY, THIS IS ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW:

1. Fill out simple form
2. Send off simple form
3. Receive free money
4. Rejoice

It's really really silly not to do it.

Well, we could sit here and discuss the spirit of the relief; I don’t believe that it’s free money. It’s our money anyway, it’s just that the government refuses to tax us on it.
But as we’ve seen, if we start going down that road shit gets very convoluted and confusing, so I won’t.

freemoneyz.jpg

Well, we could sit here and discuss the spirit of the relief; I don’t believe that it’s free money. It’s our money anyway, it’s just that the government refuses to tax us on it.
But as we’ve seen, if we start going down that road shit gets very convoluted and confusing, so I won’t.

right right, yeap, i get it... im gonna give it a go, i could probably get a fair bit

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back