How present are female musicians in the line-up at the Camden Crawl 2013? (1 Viewer)

http://thewire.co.uk/in-writing/columns/abi-bliss_invisible-women

...interesting thing from The Wire... contains elements of what is being discussed in this thread...

It basically says exactly what we've been saying in this thread, She doesn't know why there are less women than men at gigs or in bands but it's clear there are less.

I had to laugh at the part that said

Men may make up the majority of musicians working and performing within electronic and experimental music, but a clear disparity exists between the number of female artists who can be discovered through browsing blogs or platforms such as Soundcloud, and the amount of them invited to appear at festivals, in clubs, in university concert halls or in art spaces. All too often, such line-ups make women seem like a rare species.

Yes of course you find more women artists, you are looking for them and it's the internet, it is finding things for you without you even knowing it, that's what it does now. It's no coincidence that you are finding more women on the internet in the same way that it's no surprise that there's an advert on the right hand side of this very page for a company I applied for a job with two weeks ago.

And I didn't get the fucking job either, Thanks the internet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back