Help! I got suspended from school by religious cunts! (1 Viewer)

Fair play to you bro. That's a good letter. Hope it does the trick for you. Still, fuck them though. I can't find the words that come close to describing how annoyed your story makes me feel. I had quite a similar experience in the closing days of my school career and the anger it generated propelled me forward for a long time. I find it hard to believe that the same kind of people are still running educational institutions and that they can get away with this kind of mindgame on vulnerable young adults. Hope you get through the rest of the year okay and that you leave these sanctimonious moral dwarves far behind.

i just read this whole thread

fucking crazy stuff

i really didn't think this kind of stuff still happened, it's like something from fethard-on-sea in 1957.

mackle, i googled 'st michaels lurgan' - is this you?

st michaels grammar school
12 cornakinnegar road
lurgan
armagh
northern ireland
BT67 9JW
(028) 3832 3192
(028) 3832 9631
hmmm...

bus to lurgan: €25
petrol: €20
matches: €0.40

tom. said:
i just read this whole thread

fucking crazy stuff

i really didn't think this kind of stuff still happened, it's like something from fethard-on-sea in 1957.

mackle, i googled 'st michaels lurgan' - is this you?

hmmm...

bus to lurgan: €25
petrol: €20
matches: €0.40

Yeh thats the one! You up for a bit of a black metal church burning Tom?

Its fucking horrible. They've seriously convinced my mum and dad that what I done was something seriously wrong. This is so fucked up. If if it doesnt get sorted tomorrow I will have a nervous breakdown.

I am gonna make a zine about this I think!

Roisin if I dont get back into that shithole 21 months is gonna be 33 months :(

Ciaran Mackle said:
Yeh thats the one! You up for a bit of a black metal church burning Tom?
nah, i'm just talking shit on an internet messageboard about things i'd never do in reality, but such is life

Ciaran Mackle said:
I am gonna make a zine about this I think!
heh, punkoid-tastic

ah seriously, though, i hope it gets sorted out without you having to destroy your own dignity, it's a bizarre situation to find yourself in.

tom. said:
ah seriously, though, i hope it gets sorted out without you having to destroy your own dignity, it's a bizarre situation to find yourself in.

My dignity jumped out the window when I wrote that letter.

The only thing keeping me going is the knowledge that I AM RIGHT!

If they believe the letter then fuck them! its all a big lie anyway and I dont mean it :D

Ciaran Mackle said:
My dignity jumped out the window when I wrote that letter.

The only thing keeping me going is the knowledge that I AM RIGHT!

If they believe the letter then fuck them! its all a big lie anyway and I dont mean it :D
you mean it's an empty formula?

devalera would be proud

I was thinking that this was very OTT, wondering why people were acting all like 1950's Ireland. Oh, wait, you're up North... No messing with the god-fearing folks up there. Just don't let any of this mess around with your studies.

body of christ: 20c
blood of christ: $4.50
shoving that letter up the principal's bum and setting it alight: PRICELESS!

mackletoid: i think you should check out of that prison of a school and go somewhere where your reputation will not be tarnished by these people because of putting a cracker in your pocket. :)

The scary thing is that teachers do this shit to kids at an age where some of them will get it into their heads that it's ok to do things when you're an adult in that position of power, thus the many teachers out there (i know i had at least three) who got into teaching purely to be pricks to kids.

at least you weren't suspended from a tree by your neck
lynched-from-a-tree.gif

swinglo

Got back in! Not that it fills me with much happiness.

Had to go meet with the principal today and the religion teacher. This time it was just me and my mate. We handed in the letter and got subjected to an hour of telling of about how serious it was and how much trouble they wre gonna take if they let us back in before they even said that we could come back. If we doing anything even minor we are out! So we have to keep our heads down for a while.

All the shit that people told us about teachers and pupils being outraged is crap. One or two teachers were pissed off about it. All the pupils just thought it was really funny and that the school was wrong.

Now every tuesday starting next week for 6 weeks I have to go for lessons on communion with the religion teacher. I dont see how he cant realise he's wasting his time though. He's not gonna change my opinion. EVER!

Well, congratulations, though. Now at least you'll be out of Lurgan sooner rather than later.

And now you have learned firsthand the harsh realities of what happens when bullies get even a little bit of power (and especially when it's just a little bit).

Communion classes! Amazing. Be sure to ask lots of questions about where the crackers come from.

Ciaran Mackle said:
Now every tuesday starting next week for 6 weeks I have to go for lessons on communion with the religion teacher. I dont see how he cant realise he's wasting his time though. He's not gonna change my opinion. EVER!
good opportunity for some going-round-in-circles socratic dialogues, there, if you're up for it. (i.e. act thick, curious and respectful while asking lots of needly theological questions that all follow from the answer given to the previous one)

it's kinda crazy that they're bothering to do the whole re-education thing on you. the first thing i thought of, actually, was stalin (cliché, yes), in that you have to not only admit your guilt but be shown the official truth as part of your punishment. bizarre.

tom. said:
good opportunity for some going-round-in-circles socratic dialogues, there, if you're up for it. (i.e. act thick, curious and respectful while asking lots of needly theological questions that all follow from the answer given to the previous one)

heh.

first question: So does god really have a plan?

tom. said:

it's kinda crazy that they're bothering to do the whole re-education thing on you. the first thing i thought of, actually, was stalin (cliché, yes), in that you have to not only admit your guilt but be shown the official truth as part of your punishment. bizarre.

haha yeh my plan is to be totally nice and friendly and interested but to slip in really sly questions and ones that will put him on the spot but do it in such a way that he cant really call me up on it.

And yeh! Only 21 months till I can leave Lurgan! :D Dublin here I come!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back