Heavy Metal in Bagdad (1 Viewer)

Thanks for clearing that up moose

( by the way , are you going to Chuck berry in The Grull?)

film looks very interesting

their blog is worth a read too

Thanks for clearing that up moose

( by the way , are you going to Chuck berry in The Grull?)

film looks very interesting

their blog is worth a read too

Not sure, it's like 40/45 quid that I don't really have. If I manage to get some cash together I'd like to go.

This film does look very interesting.

i read that the people funding the film (vice hipster mag) are going to use the funds from the film to move the bands family out of Iraq.

which is a bit shit for the local fans - considering they are the only metal band there.

FUCKING AMERICANS.

...that band was in Zero Tolerance maybe 8 months ago...was quite interesting, and didn't have the "we're so mad, the is is really dangerous, but we don't care cos we're from vice magazine and everything is hip!" angle.

is this the same doco that was out a while ago? Basically where this guy started working on a documentary about iraq and metal but then the war started and he had to put it on hold for a while, went there a couple of years back and could only find one band he had previously been in contact with and found out alot of the bands he was interested in had disbanded and lost alot of their members due to the war.

tragic but worth watching.

Wonder what the post-mathrock scene in Baghdad is like? Or the Nintendocore vibes? Balls to that! Hail to MeTaL!! The true international music form.

Wonder what the post-mathrock scene in Baghdad is like? Or the Nintendocore vibes? Balls to that! Hail to MeTaL!! The true international music form.

true, other than folk/traditional (obviously), metal and particularly grindcore seems to be one of the most all pervasive music forms in the world. Which has ended up with me having about 200 pointless really bad grind records from the arsehole of nowhere :rolleyes:

There are few musical forms which lend themselves to sheer awfulness as much as grindcore.

"I know, let's be mad and have a grindcore band! All yo have to do is go NEEEARGH BOOM KATHUD!!, it's easy!".

it's a reaL shame;iraq right now has a great oppertunity to build an egalitarian scoiety from the bottom up after years of represion, stand up to the islamo-fascists and neo-consand appropriate the oil for the workers but they can't seem to get their head around the games there being fooled into playig and they'l end up with the sam hierarchal bullshit

Ans ALL these dickheads can do is follow around some stupid meatl band, the most hierarchal and sexist demo-graphic there is. fucking sound

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back