Gigs this Friday and Saturday? (1 Viewer)

I was just pointing out that not everyone uses facebook.

The threads have a good few views,who knows how many of those people use facebook.

The best way to promote a gig in the present world is to use all available options. Same as it's always been.

The best way to promote a show is to make a thread on the various forums, make an event page on facebook and put up a few posters in prime locations in town. That's the basics then you ad event listings on various blogs and publiciations. Leaving people out is kinda bizarre when it's so hard to get people into gigs in the first place.

here - what i'll try to do is filter the gigs you see on the Upcoming Events sidebar there so only stuff on the Eirecore Events forum shows up there when you're on this forum.

You may now consider yourselves incentivised to post your gigs there.

Also, the gig listings to the side; Nice
Thumbsup-alec.gif

Outcasts were really great,Paranoid Visions were pretty good too.

Thanks Janer for letting me know,I would have missed it otherwise.

who said it was all?? I'm just looking at it from a simple logical point of view of the best way to promote a show in the present world, and 4 guys here are feeling left out because they left themselves out.
I'm not feeling left out by not being FB, couldn't care less; but I would like someone to sabotage it & fuck it up for a day or two to see how people would cope,kids these days are addicted to it - FOMO - I read about it - fear of missing out - fuck facebook look what it's doing to the children!
Agreed,promote a gig by all means disposable to you - I don't personally do FB (fuckin bag o shite), but I do get Sligo gigs listed there by people who do use it. Also as Moose said, poster the town in prominent places,fliers at other gigs,email lists,texts,online listings,local papers,word of mouth, FB can not replace all these methods of communication & as a non user (there are many) events promoted only through FB are missing out on potential attendees.
I saw a cartoon, two blokes standing at a graveside with the priest, looking down at the coffin, bloke says "I don't understand it, he had 5,463 friends on facebook"

I saw a cartoon, two blokes standing at a graveside with the priest, looking down at the coffin, bloke says "I don't understand it, he had 5,463 friends on facebook"
Hahhahahahahahahahahahah +1

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back