Game of Thrones (1 Viewer)

David Kronenbourg

Solutions
so can we start a thread about how amazing this is? only two episodes left and the plot strands are really coming together. i'm dissappointed with the dothraki though - they're a bit silly and they look like male models rather than bloodthirsty warriors - but overall the producers haven't put a foot wrong. tyrion lannister is a brilliant character.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I've been listening to the audiobook as well as watching the show. Probably a bad idea to do both at the same time. Probably a bad idea as I'm really noticing the bits from the book that they had to leave out or shorten. Like tyrion's trial and kid Bran getting attacked in the forest by the deserters.

Otherwise brilliant.

Yeah but they were shortened quite a bit. The scene in the forest for example had the 2 dire wolves attacking the deserters and taking 2 - 3 of them down and the stand off was longer.
The wolves in general seem to play a bigger part in the book.

The trial scene and the leading up to it explained a lot of what Tyrion was up to and how he planning it in advance but I guess they couldn't really show that in film form.

Drogo is pretty deadly - started off as a one-dimensional piece of muscle but emerging as someone who rips out people's tongues and shit. I like his character development.

I watched episode 6 and seven last night and i cant stop thinking about it. I was'nt too bothered with it till episode 5 and now im hooked.

+1 on Tyrion rocking:)

How many episodes in series one?? When is series 2 coming?

How many episodes in series one?? When is series 2 coming?

10 episodes in Series one, apparently - I just watched episode 9 the other night - cliffhanger city! Great show, although it took me a few episodes to get into it alright.

I'm assuming it'll be next year at least before Season 2 begins. Plus I guess they don't want to catch up on the books because there are 2 (I think) left to be published. He's very slow writing them. They may also have to combine the 3rd and 4th books because apparently book 4 has none of the main characters.

I'm assuming it'll be next year at least before Season 2 begins. Plus I guess they don't want to catch up on the books because there are 2 (I think) left to be published. He's very slow writing them. They may also have to combine the 3rd and 4th books because apparently book 4 has none of the main characters.

I read an interview with the author and he said that the first 2 books could be adapted in a series a piece. But then book 3 would need to be covered over two series and then I think book 4 would need to 2/3 again.
But who knows how they'll do it, assuming the show doesn't get cancelled somewhere along the way.
Sopranos ran for 7 seasons (counting 6B as the seventh season) but that was a good point to end it at.

But with GOT, if the material is already there to work with then it could go on longer than Sopranos.

just watched episode 9

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Yeah that's pretty much everybody's reaction.
I think it's safe to say the Lannisters are the biggest cunts on tv.
Except Tyrion of course. And I like Charles Dance in everything by default.

Although as it stands Jofrey is a Baratheon wink wink. Officially speaking.

Yeah that's pretty much everybody's reaction.
I think it's safe to say the Lannisters are the biggest cunts on tv.
Except Tyrion of course. And I like Charles Dance in everything by default.

Although as it stands Jofrey is a Baratheon wink wink. Officially speaking.

Jofrey, what a wee prick - yeah, episode 9 was fairly hardcore alright. I think the missus was nearly close to tears after it.

I've been fighting the urge to look up the wikipedia to see what happens...

@maninacan - isohunt usually have it very quickly after the broadcast.

@maninacan - isohunt usually have it very quickly after the broadcast.

Nice one. Ive been using isohunt for the downloads but not until this week after watching episode five on monday have i wanted to see whats happening right away.

Watched 9 last night, fuck is right.

My new term of abuse "you're a fucking Lannister"

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back