Forgotten bands (1 Viewer)

Unclealo said:
Venus Envy - Hugh was in them, they were very good :)
Venus Envy totally ruled! I've got this old tape that Maura made me, after much harrassing, of some really old stuff and some really new stuff that never got released - "Bored", "Sunshine Hit" etc. were awesome! The tape got half-eaten, and I keep meaning to get it onto digital format...

Vaguely funny related story - I had "The Null Set" in my fave bands list for some reason in soulseek, and the other day, up popped a few hits for them. The username sharing the files had a certain resembelance to the name "Dudley", so I guessed it was himself sharing them, so I messaged him. Dudley then figured out who I was based on the files I was sharing! I don't know Dudley very well or anything! Maybe he's stalking me.

Anyway, more good Dublin bands: Daughters of the Swan, Jackbeast (in Dazed Weekender, rock!), Parasol, Palomine (two songs of theirs were fabulous, one Glenn sang and was very Dinosaur Jr meets shoegaze, the other was the "In my head, in my head..." track).

Oh yeh, thanks, tom, for pointing out that my profile is on the internet :p

I thought you were making a reference to Captain Haddock

Had_hypnose.jpg

Billions of bilious blue blistering barnacles!
(just for good measure)
snap-apple said:
arf.

probably best that the bashi's are forgotten really.
a former steerage member's dirty little secret... (donn)

did somebody mention Dazed?
ah the memories.
Dazed's only mention on the web...

from www.irishmusiccental.com
July 1 1994
w/ Mexican Pets, Sunbear & Dazed DJs (first joint Dazed gig) in the Russell Arms, Navan, Co.Meath.....

and it's not even about the Dublin version (nor does it mention HBM but there you go)

(including the sidelined)

Ogre
Mellow Candle
Mushroom
Rock Bottom
Hey Presto
Siamese Pigeon
Rentaghost - Goodie Connection
Swinging Swine / The Glee Club
Inflatable Sideshow
Stump
Real Wild West
Operating Theatre / Roger Doyle
Stano
Princess Tinymeat / D. Figgis
Nunattax / 9 Wassies / Gertrude O Leary
5 go down to the sea
The Atrix
The Threat
Nigel Rolfe (honorarily)
D.C. Nein
Microdisney / F. Mansions / C. Coughlan

spady said:
Fucking hell, did they have samples and stuff mixed with grungey guitars... they used to play at Dazed alright with Dorothy Parker?
yeah and i think with venus envy and palomine once too, in dazed.
i have photos of that night....many future c4o guys looking really drunk and funny.

singer said:
Venus Envy totally ruled! I've got this old tape that Maura made me, after much harrassing, of some really old stuff and some really new stuff that never got released - "Bored", "Sunshine Hit" etc. were awesome! The tape got half-eaten, and I keep meaning to get it onto digital format...

Vaguely funny related story - I had "The Null Set" in my fave bands list for some reason in soulseek, and the other day, up popped a few hits for them. The username sharing the files had a certain resembelance to the name "Dudley", so I guessed it was himself sharing them, so I messaged him. Dudley then figured out who I was based on the files I was sharing! I don't know Dudley very well or anything! Maybe he's stalking me.

Anyway, more good Dublin bands: Daughters of the Swan, Jackbeast (in Dazed Weekender, rock!), Parasol, Palomine (two songs of theirs were fabulous, one Glenn sang and was very Dinosaur Jr meets shoegaze, the other was the "In my head, in my head..." track).

Oh yeh, thanks, tom, for pointing out that my profile is on the internet :p
sorry for taking the piss out of slanted and enchanted :)

niallmc said:
Hey presto were the besto
"Audience, who are hte very best band?"
Remember the green jacket?
I'm sitting on (not literally) a wonderful archive of work by ex- Hey Presto members, biding my time, cackling, etc....

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back