Forbidden Fruit 2014 (4 Viewers)

• Thread starter pete
  • Start date
  • Replies 42
  • Views 3K
  • Watchers 1
FLYING LOTUS AT FORBIDDEN FRUIT AFTERPARTY THIS SAT 31ST MAY

Following on from playing his first ever Dublin show at Forbidden Fruit festival next Saturday 31st May, where he will perform his groundbreaking Layer 3D audiovisual show, Los Angeles’ eclectic beatmixer FLYING LOTUS will be DJing at the official Forbidden Fruit afterparty at Button Factory. Support comes from Hidden Agenda DJs.

Tickets for the afterparty are just €12, but are available only as an add-on to people buying tickets for the festival.

For those who have already purchased Forbidden Fruit tickets, a mailout advising how to avail of this is being sent out today.

Spent a few hours at this yesterday. I had a fantastic time, wandering about, meeting people, sitting in the sun, watching bands I don't know, watching interviews with people I don't know and eating cakes. Would LOVE to be going back today but it isn't to be.

According the people they were giving out free day tickets to this all over the place
early bird tickets were still available 2 weeks beforehand so it much have been a financial disaster for the organisers.
U.K festivals have comedy tents, but at European festivals I dont think any do.

well thats kind of not surprising. Even if the lineup was your bag its the same bands over and over that get rolled out for these. Maybe if the tickets were about 20% cheaper people would go, but theres lots of festivals on so folks will be inclined to save their money for those.

I don't like them all that much, but I was there and I thought it was pretty good.
hmm, seemed a bit dead from what I could see and the crowd looked a little disinterested. The bowie cover was terrible too.

But I absolutely can see how a limited feed like that wouldn't give the full picture of what was going on.

From previous gigs I've seen them at I thought they were quite dull at EP last year but, that aside, they're normally fairly great.

Primavera moving their date from the U.K to Irish bank holiday weekend a few years ago has also taken away a lot of their target market. Fuck buttons, warpaint and Nils Frahms were all I would have been interested in at forbidden fruit.

I was there on Saturday, seen a bit of the Flaming Lips who were excellent but nothing else bar the two bands I was helping out. It's a nice festival but line up could be improved and be closer to my tastes but I'd hardly be the target audience.

I was there Sunday. Really enjoyed it. Public Enemy were deadly craic. Enjoyed warpaint too. Think the line up was better Saturday. Good atmosphere at it. Didn't see any hassle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back