Solutions
Website
thumped.com
Bulmers & POD present

Forbidden Fruit 2014

The City Centre Multi-Stage Music & Arts Festival

Saturday 31st May & Sunday 1st June | June Bank Holiday Weekend

At The Royal Hospital, Kilmainham, Dublin

The Forbidden Fruit Festival is returning for another Bank Holiday feast of music, art and comedy this June, in one of Dublin’s most beautiful settings on the grounds of the Irish Museum of Modern Art.

This year’s early bird tickets go on sale this coming Monday 10th March

Early Bird Day Tickets: EU49.50 / 2-Day Tickets: EU99.50

www.ticketmaster.ie/Ph 0818 719300.

Prices include booking fee, but subject to service charges.

“A festival like this has been a long time coming, one that combines music, art, fashion and simple good vibes into a two-day city-based event.” Irish Times.

www.forbiddenfruit.ie

Subject to Licence

Forbidden Fruit 2014

June Bank Holiday Weekend / Saturday 31st May & Sunday 1st June

The Royal Hospital, Kilmainham, Dublin

Early Bird Tickets on sale now from EU49.50

FIRST SUNDAY ACTS ANNOUNCED

Following on from yesterday’s announcement of the initial Saturday line-up, featuring Flaming Lips, Bell X1, Flying Lotus 3D show and many others; we can now confirm the first batch of names for the Sunday at this year’s FORBIDDEN FRUIT.

Headlining the Bank Holiday Sunday extravaganza will be the ultimate partyrockers 2 MANY DJs. The Belgian mashup monsters will be playing their first Irish show in two years, and first Dublin festival show since a sellout triumph at Marley Park in summer 2011.

They will joined by Los Angeles all-girl indie act WARPAINT,the infectious 21st century disco tunes of TOTALLY ENORMOUS EXTINCT DINOSAURS, legendary rap titans PUBLIC ENEMY, the stylish upbeat indie-pop of Sweden’sLITTLE DRAGON, versatile British electronic producer GOLD PANDA, the Irish debut of feel-good Austrian duo KLANGKARUSSELL’s live show, and the slick soul sounds of Cork’s BRIAN DEADY.

All this and many more to be announced – the Forbidden Fruit party is shaping up very nicely for this June Bank Holiday Sunday.

Sunday Acts announced today:

2 Many DJs, Warpaint, Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs, Public Enemy, Little Dragon, Gold Panda, Klangkarussell (live), Brian Deady

plus many more to be announced

following yesterday’s first announcement of Saturday Acts:

The Flaming Lips, Bell X1, Flying Lotus 3D show, F*** Buttons, Nils Frahm, The Young Knives, Vann Music

plus many more to be announced

I also wonder that. I saw them live in 2006 or 7 and they were great but that was a long time ago now...

I'd like to see warpaint, fuck buttons and nils frahm. But they're not all on the same day.

if thats for the full weekend I might go.

No, it's just for the day. I caught some of Warpaint at EP last year and they were pretty good. I've also liked anything I've heard by Little Dragon. Apart from that, the line ups grand.

There's nothing on the line up that's outright offending me. In fact, it might actually be an alright day out. There, I've said it

Bulmers & POD present

Forbidden Fruit 2014

June Bank Holiday Weekend / Saturday 31st May & Sunday 1st June

The Royal Hospital, Kilmainham, Dublin

Tickets on sale from EU59.50

New additions to Forbidden Fruit Line-up announced today:

WILD BEASTS, THUNDERCAT, CAPTAIN MURPHY, KID KARATE,

TO KILL A KING, & THE RANGE

Another selection of the coolest acts have just been revealed as the latest additions to the Forbidden Fruit festival – six more reasons to celebrate a sizzling lineup at

Dublin’s city centre music festival.

Heading up the new announcements are the brilliant WILD BEASTS fresh from the release of their fourth album and a triumphant sold-out show at The Olympia last month. Having already announced the Dublin debut ofFLYING LOTUS who will be performing his Layer 3 audiovisual 3D show, Forbidden Fruit today announces the Irish debut of THUNDERCAT who will be playing his own show as well as performing with FlyLo, as well FlyLo’s rapping alter-ego CAPTAIN MURPHY.

Also performing over the weekend will be hotly-tipped Dublin duo KID KARATE, London indie rockers TO KILL A KING and a debut Irish show for US beatmaker James Hinton aka THE RANGE.

Full announcement now stands as:

Saturday:

The Flaming Lips, Bell X1, Flying Lotus 3D show, F*** Buttons, Nils Frahm, Thundercat, Captain Murphy, The Young Knives, Kid Karate, To Kill A King, Vann Music plus more to be announced

Sunday:

2 Many DJs, Wild Beasts, Warpaint, Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs, Public Enemy, Little Dragon, Gold Panda, Klangkarussell (live), The Range, Brian Deady plus more to be announced

Complete bill for each day at Forbidden Fruit is now as follows:
Saturday:

The Flaming Lips, Bell X1, ASIWYFA, Flying Lotus 3D show, F*** Buttons, Lisa O’Neil, Nils Frahm, Thundercat, Captain Murphy, Young Knives, Squarehead, Kid Karate, To Kill A King, Girls Names, Gavin James, Vann Music, The Eskies, New Secret Weapon, Dublin Afrobeat Ensemble, Let’s Set Sail, The Notas

Comedy Lineup: MC Andrew Stanley, Kevin Gildea, Patrick McDonnell, Donal Vaughan, Eric Lalor, Niamh Marron, Paul Tylak, James Golsbury, Bec Hill & John Colleary.

Sunday:
2 Many DJs, Wild Beasts, Warpaint, DOP (Live), Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs, Public Enemy, Little Dragon, Gold Panda, Erol Alkan, Detroit Swindle (live), Klangkarussell (live), SOSB, John Heckle (live), Session Victim (live),
Tone of Arc (live), The Range, Hidden Agenda DJs, Daithi, Brian Deady, Abstract DJ’s

Comedy Lineup: MC, Andrew Stanley, Rory O Hanlon, Danny Dowling, Jarlath Regan, Patser Murray, Colm Tyrell, FF Talent Search Winner,Tom O Mahony, Colm O Regan, Foil Arms and Hog.

Is sticking a comedy tent into a music festival a uniquely Irish thing? I've never seen it elsewhere.

Scrap the comedy tent & put in better jacks I say.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back