for all you vegan girls... (1 Viewer)

no_exit

Website
www.livejournal.com
just incase you ever plan on getting pregnant...

NEW YORK (Reuters Health) - The breast-fed infants of two mothers who did not eat any animal products, including milk and eggs, developed brain abnormalities as a result of a vitamin-B12 deficiency, the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (news - web sites) (CDC) reported Thursday.

The primary sources of vitamin B12, which is essential for brain development, are animal products like meat, dairy products and eggs. Since the mothers ate little or no animal products, too little vitamin B12 was transmitted to their children through breast milk, according to the CDC's Dr. Maria Elena Jefferds.

vitamin b12 correct me if im wrong can be obtained from vitamin pills .. which may or may not be vegan friendly.

DUBLIN (nooly health): the breast-fed infants of millions of mothers worldwide who eat animal products, including milk and eggs, develop cancer, heart disease, osteoporosis, diabetes, obesity, digestive problems, stroke, allergies.......................

i'd be more worried about what i am putting into my body than what i amn't.......................

PS: tempeh, miso and 'sea vegetables' have large amounts of B12

Who'd wanna breastfeed a dog?

isnt there some controversy over whether vitamin pills actually do anything at all? Its never been proven whether they actually work or something. i dunno, i really shud have paid more attention in biology.

adult dogs don't drink milk, duhhhhhhh.

re: vitamin pills, some of them may not be absorbed very well, because they don't dissolve fast enough or they're coated with some stuff so they don't irritate the stomach lining..........that's probably more of a problem if you get your vitamins from Lidl or supervalu, but hippy stuff like udo's choice or solgar that you get in health food shops is trustworthy enuff.

I dunno about the whole supplements buzz.
I mean if u have to take em then ur just not eating right. Food's great, the good stuff tastes great, veggies an all.
Surely you shoule be able to be vegan without having to take supplements. And if u cant then ur better off not being vegan.

I'm going to get shot for this one arent i......

proms

are really lame.. they serve "cocktails" aka "pepsi", and they strategically make it (atleast in my high school) before graduation, so if you get caught drunk or on drugs you're not allowed to graduate. everyone was still drunk/tripping/coked up though...
the highlight of the prom i went to was being lifted up on a chair high above the crowd when "come on ilene" played. .|..|
they're way overrated and not at all like they are in the movies, which is why i'm glad to say i got to go for freeee

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back