Finch (1 Viewer)

aren't they a band that just sucks in general?
i'm pretty sure they've toured with blink182, and they're on drive-thru...
puuhlease, don't even insult emo by associating it with the likes of FINCH.

I've seen them before. They are an amazing live act, and their album was my favourite of last year.

To criticize them simply because of who they've toured with, or what label they are on, is retarded. They sound bugger all like the majority of mediocre pop-punk bands on drive-thru, and i don't think they've even toured with blink182 - i'm not sure, but it's irrelevent anyhoo.

To criticize them simply because of who they've toured with, or what label they are on, is retarded. They sound bugger all like the majority of mediocre pop-punk bands on drive-thru, and i don't think they've even toured with blink182 - i'm not sure, but it's irrelevent anyhoo.

i've heard them before, and *i* don't like them, or atleast they're not my kind of music. the fact that they *may have* toured with blink182 and are on drive-thru only makes it worse.

To be fair, Bad Religion Played with Blink 182. That might not impress you. But BR are a cool band for me.

And I admit that I thought it was just wrong the way Bad Religion was the support band. And Blink 182 headlined. That makes no musical sence to me. But hey, thats why i am not a rich music industry type.

I'm rambling now.

Bad Religion were pretty good I thought.
But I saw them in 98 in Reading Festival, and the were much better back then. Except some tosser climed to the top of the 65 metre high pole in the tent and was hanging on with one hand to some piece of rope. Was putting me off watching the band.

The new album was surposed to be a return to form for them but I didn't really think so. Its ok.

I just would like to make a point to Mr/Ms"gogs" or whatever your name is (mine's Jamie incidentally.Jamie grimes to be exact. And I work in the Secret Book and Record Store in Wicklow street.Just so you know your not dealing with some faceless anonymous message board type here):

If you like Finch fine, more power to you, i don't think anyone was having a go at you personally.

In my own opinion, having both A) a pretty broad taste in music generally
and B)having been into the punk hardcore thing for 10 years or so (which doesn't make me any cooler than you or my opinion any more valid,but just so you know my background), what I was getting at was basically this:

Finch are to my ears a commercial hard-rock band in the vein of The Smashing Pumpkins/Deftones etc, on a major-owned label, who play big corporate owned venues to MTV loving kids. Which is grand>I actually quite like the Deftones for one.

But they're using "emo" (a term that came from the DIY hardcore/punk scene)as a convenient marketing term while doing something that has no relation to the punk rock ethic whatsoever.An ethic which is pretty close to the hearts of a lot of people,me being just one.They're basically mocking the whole thing they claim to be part of, and that me and a lot of poeple I know, are part of. So I'll slag them if i feel like it thank you very much.

I have no problem with any band wanting success, I just would prefer if people were more fucking honest about what they are, and what they're not.

That's all I wanted to say.No offense meant to you gogs.And if you take any, sorry, that wasn't my intent. But you know where I am if you have shit to talk.

When did they claim to be emo? You can't criticise a band for a label that they were tagged with by others.

I have an interview with them in front of me and i quote:-

"it feels like our music is on the brink of a lot of different genres but there's no specific name for it".

I'm not sure why you think i want to come and talk shit to you, do ya think i'm gonna wanna beat you up because you don't like Finch?? :rolleyes: And i'm not entirely sure where your rant at me even came from. Nothing i said had any relevance to the term 'emo' that you hold so preciously, whatsoever.

I don't have anything personal against anyone, and i could give a fuck what bands you like, how old you are, or how punk you are. I just thought the reasons for hating Finch as stated earlier in the thread were stupid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back