Feminist Walking Tour - March 8th (4 Viewers)

because personally, nowadays, it makes being a woman embarasing.

really? how come? what's different about nowadays? there always seems to have been these kinds of responses to feminism. maybe it's not the right place to be bringing this up but i'm interested in this stuff. i can read different people's theories on why feminism is a dirty word for many but i'd rather ask straight out and find out what people actually think. :)

really? how come? what's different about nowadays? there always seems to have been these kinds of responses to feminism. maybe it's not the right place to be bringing this up but i'm interested in this stuff. i can read different people's theories on why feminism is a dirty word for many but i'd rather ask straight out and find out what people actually think. :)

i´m pissed but here I go....
feminism can be such a bad word all around cos it stirs up reactionary defensive bollix.... it can be interpreted as anti-male, lesbian, anti-sex, anti-violence, sexist, intellectual bollix with self-concerned re-inforcing abused weak female separatism... then nower days there´s reactionary feminists who feel the acceptance of feminism within poplar culture (ie. hey a women can be an exploitive boss and business´ owners just as well as a man) is bollix. ie. Women being fooled into some idea they are equal and achieved the goals of feminism, therefore the war is over ¨why are those bitchs still complaining¨.
And most women nower days forgetting most suppressed peoples(feminists, queers, feminists) original goals are the equality of all no matter what race, sex, political view.....
(Ps I´m a complete male chauvinist, but fuck it´d be a vegetarian if meat didn´t taste so good)

You missed the point. I was talking about you, not the person who originally wrote the lyrics.

Posting dopey sexist 'joke'* shit on a thread about International Womens Day. Both hilarious and unpredictable.

*sexual violence = the gassest of all, of course
Who are you to call my post 'dopey'????? Is that not stereotypical, derogatory & blatantly oppressive?!baggyyyy

Ah Fuck!!!....... Caught by the bollix. I better go cos if she reads this I'll be grounded for life.

JUST MY VEIWS HERE!!!!!!! dont want anyone to have a hernia.

i say nowadays because i feel we are given equal rights. i am proud that some birds back in the day said 'hey we should vote, have career chances etc etc' but now, it seems to me like feminism is a poor excuse to feel like a victim. if anyone wants to feel equal to their peers, all they need to do is truely FEEL equal and ACT equal,.. calling attention on yourself for the oppression of 'our kind'(which makes no sense to me in the first place, men women, its all the same, i never think about the difference) seems like an acceptance of a non existant problem. people of both genders get put down, trod on, and excluded for one thing or another all their lives. thats not specific to women. and you know what? you learn to deal with it. my way of dealing with 'sexism' is the same as my way of dealing with the rest of bullshit humanity's way of taking insecurities out on others, and i dont need a support group for all those types of oppression. do you feel like you need to march to highlight getting slagged on the bus for looking like a weirdo? just an example.
alot of women just seem to be so up in arms all the time about this shit. i mean, so what,.. your born, the world shits on you, you die, in between that you do what you can to make it fun. my way of doing that is by assuming myself as automatically entitled to think of my self as the same peice of skin and bones as anyone else regardless of gender, so sexism is no issue other than when the same 'sexist' veiws are passed on to me as other women, i either laugh or personally take issue.
i do think its sad that alot of women lack the confidance to partake in things like bands etc to the same degree as men, but thats about needing acceptance, not seperation, self segregation and victim name tags.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back