Feminist Walking Tour - March 8th (1 Viewer)

Yet again I understand the reason for this, but all I was trying to point out was gender does make a difference whether you want it to or not

mixed bag basically!:p

this was my point also! did you think i was reploying to something you had said?

i understand why sometimes female only applicants might make sense as in the caes you mentioned but this was just for working the old people of both sexes and the fact is that they hire female staff with no qualification or expeience of which i had both.bo ho poor me

its a strange buzz in some of the homes i worked the relatives or other staff would be going on about the older generation not been comfortable with a man but its generally their own hang up and the cilents 90% of the time couldn't give a fuck and some of the men prefer men as do some of the ould ones.

its strange where i work, i can work one on one with any client male or female as can a female worker ,i can work with a male worker on a male cilent,two female workers can work on anyone male or female but two male workers are never to work on a female cilent together....fucked on so many levels.

oh did i mention the walking tour was deadly!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Think that's it

Just to show there's No sexism here

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Unfortunately I have neither the time nor the inclination to respond on this thread any further than my already posted opinions, which I consider to be quite well laid out and informed. I have much more pressing things to be thinking about right now.
All I'll say is that people have already misinterpreted or taken the wrong way some of the points I made, which is exactly what I thought would happen. It seems to me that a lot of people on this thread are simply hearing what they want to hear, and not really listening to what other people are trying to say.
I'm no exception, but I think at least my last post is unbiased and quite fair.

I feel the same way. It's one thing to try and make your views known and another to have to defend yourself constantly which can be tiring and boring for everyone. It's understandable that people get defensive over this issue, especially if it's a subject that's dear to their hearts. Dunchee and Buzzo are both well versed in feminist groups so it would be mad to expect them not to take these arguments seriously but I feel maybe they began to take them personally which was never the intention but perhaps inevitable.

I think instead of focusing on differences of opinion (which has been going on for 20 pages now) we should focus on our similarities which are, by and large, the desire for a better world where nobody should even feel the need to fight for equality. We all have different ideas for how we can achieve that and if we didn't we'd be mindless drones all dressed in black skinny trousers and black hoodies with the same patches (OOPS! Wrong thread!).

It's better to have an opinion than to be apathetic and it's fair to say we're all opinionated arseholes that could burn the ear off Joe Duffy for weeks on almost any subject he can pluck out of the air
BUT
we all pretty much want the same things!

And, sure, isn't that the whole moral of the story?

I feel the same way. It's one thing to try and make your views known and another to have to defend yourself constantly which can be tiring and boring for everyone. It's understandable that people get defensive over this issue, especially if it's a subject that's dear to their hearts. Dunchee and Buzzo are both well versed in feminist groups so it would be mad to expect them not to take these arguments seriously but I feel maybe they began to take them personally which was never the intention but perhaps inevitable.

I think instead of focusing on differences of opinion (which has been going on for 20 pages now) we should focus on our similarities which are, by and large, the desire for a better world where nobody should even feel the need to fight for equality. We all have different ideas for how we can achieve that and if we didn't we'd be mindless drones all dressed in black skinny trousers and black hoodies with the same patches (OOPS! Wrong thread!).

It's better to have an opinion than to be apathetic and it's fair to say we're all opinionated arseholes that could burn the ear off Joe Duffy for weeks on almost any subject he can pluck out of the air
BUT

I disagree

Uncomfortable? Corm was saying that he viewed feminism as being more concerned with women's issues than equality and argued that this makes it a partisan group. That hardly makes him uncomfortable with it as much as unconvinced with it. I agree with him.

So we have different ideas, that's great! It's understandable to feel defensive over something that's important to you when there's eejits like us talking about it. But saying things like 'why do women fighting for equality make you uncomfortable' when both Corm and I have both clearly said that we didn't feel that 'feminism=gender equality' kind of hints at us being sexist in some way - and that's just ridiculous.

Man I never suggested you were sexist. I do apologise if it came across that way. It'd be pretty lame to suggest that anyone who disagrees with me is. Sorry if the word uncomfortable made you ... uncomfortable. Maybe I meant to say 'defensive' or 'on the attack' or something like that.

gender does make a difference whether you want it to or not

mixed bag basically!:p

There are huge pressures and disadvantages to being male too. Without being overly simplistic (it's a tired time in the debate), feminism would solve this shit. It's important to see and address how expectations of 'maleness' effect men and women, but it bothers me that people have to see it as disadvantaging their own gender before they'll acknowledge the need for it (I'm not saying you are Ed, just agreeing with what Carlow Punx said I guess).

Unfortunately I have neither the time nor the inclination to respond on this thread any further than my already posted opinions, which I consider to be quite well laid out and informed. I have much more pressing things to be thinking about right now.
All I'll say is that people have already misinterpreted or taken the wrong way some of the points I made, which is exactly what I thought would happen. It seems to me that a lot of people on this thread are simply hearing what they want to hear, and not really listening to what other people are trying to say.

Ah here, I've been biting my tongue but that's just ridiculous. Your posts have been quite vague, occasionally abusive and completely lacking any factual evidence to support your opinions. Your last post was inaccurate and vague. You accused me of advocating violence against men as a means to address gender inequality in an earlier post. You threw unsolicited shit at Jane in another post. When I take the time to ask you about how you've come upon your knowledge, or to respond to the fact that you said some pretty inaccurate shit you bow out implying that other people aren't listening to you. Dude....

BUT

We do all want the same things... but we have different understandings as to why we don't have em already, and how we can get em in the future. I think it's important to thrash this shit out. I have nothing against your political inaction, I don't give out about it or slag it off on the internet, but if I did I'd expect you'd have a fair whack to say about it.

K guyz. Cuddle-party time.

Care_Bears_Easter.jpg

cough cough cop out cough.

cough cough cop out cough.

Haha hardly, it's just that you could spend hours and hours posting shit in this thread and all you'd be doing would be going round in circles.
Buzzo has already demonstrated that, it's pretty obvious she's strongly uncompromising on her own opinion, and she's probably just categorizing me as another "anti-feminist" or some shit. I find most people doing post-grad. type studies a) believe they know everything there is to know about that area and b) get far too worked up about anyone who disagrees with them.
Whatever, at least I'm not going to let myself get pissed off at people over the internet.

Haha hardly, it's just that you could spend hours and hours posting shit in this thread and all you'd be doing would be going round in circles.
Buzzo has already demonstrated that, it's pretty obvious she's strongly uncompromising on her own opinion, and she's probably just categorizing me as another "anti-feminist" or some shit. I find most people doing post-grad. type studies a) believe they know everything there is to know about that area and b) get far too worked up about anyone who disagrees with them.
Whatever, at least I'm not going to let myself get pissed off at people over the internet.

in discussing this sort of stuff, buzzo is one of the most open, humble, honest and genuinely curious people i know. i think what you've just said about her says far more about you than it does about her. but each to their own.

[ame="http://youtube.com/watch?v=28TeUbYvXS0"]YouTube - The Specials - Ghost Town[/ame]

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back