Fasting (1 Viewer)

shower another shower

Maybe this should go in the 'Fuck Religion' thread, I dunno.
When I was a young Mormon lad, we'd fast for 24hrs once a month, breaking fast on Fast Sunday. Never took much notice of it then. Over the last 25 years, I'd do 2 or 3 day fasts and noticed a bunch of clarity. Closer to god, yaddah, yaddah. Heard a story of a young Hindu lad that hasn't eaten in 30 years. He must be just about god himself. Then there was that 100 odd yo Buddhist monk that was found and proclaimed, 'not dead', but in a deep state of meditation.
Didn't have the blintzes I was thinking about yesterday, and tomorrow will be day 4 fasting.
Anyone else fast? How do you feel.

I fast for a full day at least once a year. A family friend, my honorary grandad, fasted for one day a week, to feel closer to God, but also because he was of the opinion that people shouldn't eat every day if they want to live a long and active life. He lived to 102, when people still took him for no older than 60 with a general philosophy of eat what you feel like eating (and he included less than healthy foods).

I think the idea of fasting is great, within reason. If you live an active life and expend a lot of energy it might not be the healthiest thing to do.

A few in work are gone mad on this 5:2 diet where you eat fuck all 2 days a week (not fasting as such but intake is <600 cals in the day), then binge all you want for the other 5. Supposedly it works.

I think the idea of fasting is great, within reason. If you live an active life and expend a lot of energy it might not be the healthiest thing to do.

A few in work are gone mad on this 5:2 diet where you eat fuck all 2 days a week (not fasting as such but intake is <600 cals in the day), then binge all you want for the other 5. Supposedly it works.
In what way does it work?

There are different intermittent fasting suggestions too. As far as I can tell the idea is that humans were not designed/did not evolve to have a constant and steady stream of whatever took their fancy available 24/7.

But Pop's view was that giving the body a 24 hour break from food (and all drinks other than pure water) once a week gave it a chance to properly eliminate any stored (in fat) toxins and helped to ensure that kidneys, liver, bowels and skin (the main eliminative organs) were always functioning at their best, instead of becoming overloaded.

He was an extremely well-educated man and had devoted much of his retired life to formal study, including a doctorate in nutrition and health, which he began studying when his wife was diagnosed with diabetes and given roughly 5 years until complete loss of sight and about 10 years to live in her late 50s. With his help she could still read and had never required insulin or any other medical management of her condition until her death from pneumonia (contracted in hospital while she waited to be xrayed following a fall) at the age of 98.

Last edited:
I didn't eat anything until 6.30pm yesterday. I just didnt have any money or food. Also, I was slightly using it as guilt punishment for bidding big bucks on another guitar. I could go for a while without food, i didnt feel hungry yesterday but i was getting lactic acid straight away on a dublin bike when i went up a slight hill. Ate a creme egg when i got in.

There are different intermittent fasting suggestions too. As far as I can tell the idea is that humans were not designed/did not evolve to have a constant and steady stream of whatever took their fancy available 24/7.

But Pop's view was that giving the body a 24 hour break from food (and all drinks other than pure water) once a week gave it a chance to properly eliminate any stored (in fat) toxins and helped to ensure that kidneys, liver, bowels and skin (the main eliminative organs) were always functioning at their best, instead of becoming overloaded.

He was an extremely well-educated man and had devoted much of his retired life to formal study, including a doctorate in nutrition and health, which he began studying when his wife was diagnosed with diabetes and given roughly 5 years until complete loss of sight and about 10 years to live in her late 50s. With his help she could still read and had never required insulin or any other medical management of her condition until her death from pneumonia (contracted in hospital while she waited to be xrayed following a fall) at the age of 98.

That's interesting. I can't start today cause i just had a chicken fillet roll.

Not coming from a normal perspective, but the disorder i have requires energy from food to be controlled. If i get hungry my physical hypersensitivity goes through the roof. Basically i'm kind of like a normal person with a few things turned up to 11.

This makes me think fasting is a terrible idea.

Iranian wimmen take speed to control their weight. From experience a few grams of Ethylphenidate ordered off the internet can certainly help a man lose a few pounds over a weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back