England more than likely out !!! (1 Viewer)

haha class
they are better. how many hail marys did lampard and gerrard send up everytime they were 'attacking'
croatia played fast passes in to feet, could trap the ball, and pick out the next runner. there's a good reason why the premier league is filled with foreign players while only one of the england team gets a game in europe.
anyway...

McClaren said in the post match interview that he had no control of the game, but he will not resign. What an utter cunt.

That is an amazing thing to say to the press.
That's a real "I am so completely fucked right now that I will never get another gig in my lifetime, so fuck it, here goes..." sort of thing to say.

That was really entertaining.. I thought it was all over and the Croats would sit back at 2-2, almost switched off the TV at that point... Croatia are great to watch, though they'd probably be even more effective if they played more directly now and then. Might be a dark horse for the Euros if they can hold it together. It's going to be weird having none of the 'British Isles' teams involved - when was the last time that happened?

you'd imagine the fact that they've knocked engerland out that they've just blown their dark horse cover?

they play some lovely stuff though and they should be a huge plus for the tournament.

Did you hear motty during the game saying something like "you can't rule out Andorra turning in a shock result because in this group, anything can happen"

As in, if Croatia can beat England, surely the world is on it's head; rather than the reality that Andorra were never gonna turn around a 29 game losing streak and a truly appalling England were roundly outclassed throughout the entire tournament by a well organised attractive and, well, better side...

Let's have some honesty here, did anyone cheer for England last night? Assuming the answer is 99% no, did you cheer for Croatia because they were the better team or because of the little matter of 800 years?

_44254016_petric_getty220.jpg

_44254068_losers2_getty416.jpg

_44254120_sm6_afp300.jpg

NelsonHaha.png

Let's have some honesty here, did anyone cheer for England last night? Assuming the answer is 99% no, did you cheer for Croatia because they were the better team or because of the little matter of 800 years?

800 years. Come on, anyone who cheers for their local behemoth is lacking something inside. I wouldn't want that kind of lily-livered character on my side come the day of reckoning.

Having said that, Croatia were clearly the better side and their football was joy to watch at times.

In the absence of any hope for Ireland, the sight of England losing is all we have to cling to. Now we'll have a nice, fun tournament bereft of any unfounded worries that England might finally do something. It'll be a grand spectacle to live up to Euro 84 and 2000.

at least stevie g will be fit for his club now. finally, he copped on and copped out. cool.

Did you hear motty during the game saying something like "you can't rule out Andorra turning in a shock result because in this group, anything can happen"

As in, if Croatia can beat England, surely the world is on it's head; rather than the reality that Andorra were never gonna turn around a 29 game losing streak and a truly appalling England were roundly outclassed throughout the entire tournament by a well organised attractive and, well, better side...

another good one from Motty was when he asked Lawro to say something and Lawro replied that he cant say anything. why were they so shocked they were losing?

Its got nothing to do with 800 years. Its like having a friend who keeps harping on about how great he is but hasn't done anything of note since 1966.

at least stevie g will be fit for his club now. finally, he copped on and copped out. cool.

thought he was dreadful as was fat franky.
wright philips? terrible. worse than aaron lennon if thats possible.
campbell? cmon on (hey carra...how did that feel?:))
bridge? whos this guy?

actually...i'm really relieved today cos i texted a few friends towards the end of last nights game saying that if goldenballs saved england with a freekick i wasnt going to watch another game of football ever. phew!

They figured it would be a stroll. I saw a good few predictions in the media, saying 2-0 to England, top the group, and off we go. But croatia beat them handily at home, and england were cat for most of the group. This is delusional carry-on.

Its got nothing to do with 800 years. Its like having a friend who keeps harping on about how great he is but hasn't done anything of note since 1966.

Yeah it's not really that either. That's a contributory factor and makes it nicer when they lose, but the real reason that we Irishers cheer against England is that England is a big, heavily populated and powerful country right beside us which outshines us in most aspects of life. They're our bigger neighbours. Hence, we like to see them getting a fall. All the time. That doesn't mean I hate England or English people.

"The fat man on the banana skin", as Tom Humphries called it.

I'll miss the whole England circus from a tourney though. It's equal parts infuriating and laughable.

Yeah it's not really that either. That's a contributory factor and makes it nicer when they lose, but the real reason that we Irishers cheer against England is that England is a big, heavily populated and powerful country right beside us which outshines us in most aspects of life. They're our bigger neighbours. Hence, we like to see them getting a fall. All the time. That doesn't mean I hate England or English people.

Is it really just the jealous neighbour thing? Surely 800 years has to count for something? What have we got to be jealous about anyway? We're the most globalised and happiest country on earth. All they have is PG Tips.

They could have used this dude last night: http://youtube.com/watch?v=VNj6VFaLCd0

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back